UMAT 2016 Results (1 Viewer)

UMasta

HSC
Re: UMAT 2016 Results (No discussions!)

There is absolutely no such thing as a bad 100

Beg to differ as the unis don't look at percentile they look at average score of three sections (weighted differently depending on university)

My 100 was shit tbh, only scraped

ssukarieh1

HSC
Hey guys, i got 77th percentile, this was my first time sitting umat ever and i expected much worse so im ok with the result. Just wanted to ask, im on track to get a 99+ atar, is there any chance i could get into med this year with these results? Maybe second round ? Anyone know?

UMasta

HSC
Hey guys, i got 77th percentile, this was my first time sitting umat ever and i expected much worse so im ok with the result. Just wanted to ask, im on track to get a 99+ atar, is there any chance i could get into med this year with these results? Maybe second round ? Anyone know?

Exclude S3. If your new "percentile" using scaling charts is 90+ then u got a chance at UWS
If your S1 percentile is 90-95 or above then u made Newcastle JMP interview.
Given you don't use UMAT in the end, here are your options
99.95 USyd
99.9 UMelb
99.85 Flinders provisional (10% UMAT 90% ATAR)
99.8 Griffith
99.0 JCU

You have options sure but it's dependant on whether you are willing to go interstate as to whether you "made med"

knightus10

HSC
Hi there :)
I'm a first year at unsw. I got 77 percentile as well with:
S1-49
S2-63
S3-56

Do you think I might have a chance for medicine at wsu if I'm part of the gws? Or maybe Utas? :/ Or should I just forget about UMAT and apply for jcu if I have a wam of 87 and atar of 99.00? I'm pretty disappointed with what I got, but at least its an improvement from last years 57 percentile hahaha

moonbear129

HSC
Has anyone experienced doing worse than their previous year? If so, have/are you planning to do it again? is it worth it?

Everyone around me have seemed to improve on their second go but it's a different story for me.. i didn't even do that well last year but this year i did even worse :( 67% to 55% percentile

I seriously feel like i've lost it all after giving it my best shot :(

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Exclude S3. If your new "percentile" using scaling charts is 90+ then u got a chance at UWS
If your S1 percentile is 90-95 or above then u made Newcastle JMP interview.
Given you don't use UMAT in the end, here are your options
99.95 USyd
99.9 UMelb
99.85 Flinders provisional (10% UMAT 90% ATAR)
99.8 Griffith
99.0 JCU

You have options sure but it's dependant on whether you are willing to go interstate as to whether you "made med"
m8 I got on with a 94 ATAR so there is hope for everyone living on this planet if you can smash your interview and application
However this is extremely rare and you should at least aim for 97+

amekhz

HSC
Re: UMAT 2016 Results (No discussions!)

Hey just wondering because im currently at the end of year 11 and im interested in medicine, however how did you find medical science and was it difficult to be a post graduate into med?

ilhamhatami

HSC
m8 I got on with a 94 ATAR so there is hope for everyone living on this planet if you can smash your interview and application
However this is extremely rare and you should at least aim for 97+
What do you mean you got in with a 94 ATAR? Like... which uni? Plus, isnt UMAT more important at this stage? What was your UMAT?

aoc

HSC
He goes JCU which doesnt need UMAT. Interviews for JCU are based on atar+application

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)