UMAT and pharmacy? (1 Viewer)

SmileyCam

HSC
I'm planning on doing pharmacy, probably at CSU wagga wagga, but I was wondering if I should sit the UMAT because apparently you need it for some pharmacy corses eg, Monash

Thanks

inasero

Reborn
HSC
look up their website
failing that send them an email
if that still doesnt work THEN post your request
thank you, have a nice day...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Check the UMAT booklet, it should be in there. I have a UMAT booklet next to me but it's such a simple task that I'm sure you can do it yourself. :)

You may also want to email/telephone the relevant department at the universities to which you are applying. Remember, if they don't give you an answer by email, they WILL when you call them.

NichNich

HSC
Monash is indeed the only university that requires UMAT for pharmacy.

However, other unis like USyd requires STAT for pharmacy courses, I'm not sure about Charles sturt university campuses, look up the UAC guide when it comes out. Don't worry about sitting the STAT tests until you finish the HSC in November. There is still time to apply in Nov, and sitting it in Dec.

ishq

brown?
HSC
NichNich said:
Monash is indeed the only university that requires UMAT for pharmacy.

However, other unis like USyd requires STAT for pharmacy courses, I'm not sure about Charles sturt university campuses, look up the UAC guide when it comes out. Don't worry about sitting the STAT tests until you finish the HSC in November. There is still time to apply in Nov, and sitting it in Dec.
Thanks for that.:)
I was curious about the STAT and USyd too.

ishq

brown?
HSC
:D
anything but engineering! Don't want to go there...

Anyone on this forum do pharmacy?

SmileyCam

HSC
Lexicographer said:
Check the UMAT booklet, it should be in there. I have a UMAT booklet next to me but it's such a simple task that I'm sure you can do it yourself. :)

You may also want to email/telephone the relevant department at the universities to which you are applying. Remember, if they don't give you an answer by email, they WILL when you call them.
What is this ....booklet.... you speak of?

ishq

brown?
HSC
The "booklet" is the UMAT Information Booklet for 2005.
You can go to the ACER site and download it. It has the selection criteria for all the heath science courses which need the UMAT.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
STAT is easier than UMAT in my opinion.. cos its more std in format..

and the cutoff isnt that hard to get.. i got 180's/200 in STAT and 250's/300 in UMAT..

u need 149 in STAT for Usyd..

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
genki said:
is an interview part of the umat process??
no interviews are dependent on the uni.. and they are the ones that perform them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)