UMAT Discussion (1 Viewer)

kittykatef

HSC
I thought it was super hard compared to the standard of the practise paper questions. and they say u need no prior knowledge... wat about all the emotions in section 2?? for the cat question, the black cat was being rotated anticlockwise and the white one was being flipped from being upright to upside down to upright etc...

HSC
Section 1 and 3 were terrifying.
Ran out of time in section 1, left out about 10 questions.
I don't remember getting a single "put these in order and select the middle one" correct! Wtf was the one with the blocks stacked on top of each other, some with little stars, some white, some grey? BAH.

There was this guy next to me, and his underlining was so fucking loud it totally put me off. YET AGAIN, I didn't stop blowing my nose from the beginning of the exam til the end, so ... :p

Last edited:

SSVictoria

HSC
The girl next to me finished each section with about 10 minutes to spare.
Then she'd sit there tapping her foot and coughing periodically so I couldn't think straight.

I hope she failed.

Liqqeh

HSC
SSVictoria said:
The girl next to me finished each section with about 10 minutes to spare.
Then she'd sit there tapping her foot and coughing periodically so I couldn't think straight.
There was a guy like that near me, tapping his fingers =/

I found section 1 pretty difficult, had to guess a few. 2 was mostly ok and 3 wasn't too hard I think.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Someone kept cheating and looking over at section 1 :O

umfaan

HSC
section 2 was easy, i had like 25 mins spare to double check. section 1 was hard :( threw me off

Prosper

HSC
Section 1 was hard, had to have a quick glance with 5 minutes to go over the last 8ish questions.

Section 2 was alright except I didn't know what some of the emotions were ^_^

Section 3 was easy. I had picked up a really nice way of getting a lot of the middle ones by doing the practice tests, basically you just looked for the duplicate ones and the odd one out was usually the middle.

Prosper

HSC
Re: How Are Umat Scores Worked Out!!

cheney31 said:
haha i bombed out too.... dont worry that much the umat thing SUCKS...

a doctor does not need to know how a black and a white cat orientate each time..
its the principle, the problem solving.

but anyways, that question was friggin easy, they were just spinning around.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
The oldest person i saw there was like late 30s by the look of them

Prosper

HSC
Zrap said:
yep there were are fair few oldies at the sydney one.

HSC
Zrap said:
Yeah there was a guy in his late 30s sitting in front of me. He was balding. I lol'd.

Legal Hustle

HSC
I saw a guy around 40, felt sorry for him. Lots of indians[including me]. peoples last names couldn't fit lol. Yeah I had the same problems as u guys....Loved the arranged marriage question, this test is catered for indians.

tambourine

HSC
haha yeah there were quite a few oldies at sydney.
section 1 was the hardest!! there were 10 minutes left and i had about 24 questions left...i guessed the remaining questions :( ....is there any chance of me getting a good mark with that many guesses?
anyway section 2......i agree...i did not know some of the emotions...the words were hard :(
section 3!!!! that was goooooodddd....i had 4 more questions left and there were 17 minutes left :)
i got the cat question :) .....the ones where u had to find the middle picture...i basically used the technique someone explained earlier...where u find the two that are the same...put them on the ends and there is one that is the odd one out so that is the middle one....i went back over section 3 obviouslybecause i had so much time left...and i changed the ones that i guessed at the start of it because i thought i wouldn't have time....so i'm happy with that :)
overall.....i think i should have done the practice test properly so that i would have managed my time properly in section 1
my dreams are spoilt now :(

Legal Hustle

HSC
practice test is way to easy. the real deal is way to hard.

I could'nt get the cat one, there was no way that shit was rotating, and I could'nt get the one with the square and insinde the square was a circle and another square with a triangle inside it...

btw, i looked up the definition of flippant
Definitions of flippant on the Web:

* showing inappropriate levity
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I don't get it?

poWerdrY

HSC
Charity F said:
I shall add to general consensus and say that Section 1 was a bitch.

Section was pretty good.

And Section 3 was the easiest.

and stabstabstabbitystab that guy on my diagonal left who kept on squeaking his stupid squeaky shoes!!! :mad: I mean, i took care to be quiet while turning pages, drinking, whatever, why can't everyone else give the same consideration?! Far out.
lol? was he asian? coz that might have been me XD

poWerdrY

HSC
m.incognito said:
Section 1 and 3 were terrifying.
Ran out of time in section 1, left out about 10 questions.
I don't remember getting a single "put these in order and select the middle one" correct! Wtf was the one with the blocks stacked on top of each other, some with little stars, some white, some grey? BAH.

There was this guy next to me, and his underlining was so fucking loud it totally put me off. YET AGAIN, I didn't stop blowing my nose from the beginning of the exam til the end, so ... :p
yeh i was scribbling out (eliminatign) choices a lot. that might have been me. were you in 1:30 time slot? coz there was a chick that just WOULD NOT stop clearing her throat. i could not concentrate at all.

poWerdrY

HSC
yeh the guy was annoying. and lol at the last part, when everyone was waiting to go, he was like "now i need to finish reading this. Thank you for coming..." =.=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)