umat/ medicine at Newcastle (1 Viewer)

kt

HSC
i'm in, but i have to defer this year so i'll start in 2006

kt

HSC
yeah, trevs right i'm not 15 and i went to woolgoolga high. i did the hsc this year, and i'm not a child genius, so i'm 18.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Congrats to all you Newy meds! You're going to be a lot closer to home than I am, but hopefully we'll meet at AMSA con this year (Sydney).

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Congrats to all you Newy meds! You're going to be a lot closer to home than I am, but hopefully we'll meet at AMSA con this year (Sydney).
there's an amsa convention in syd?
Hey lexi you went to fort st right? i think i remember you, i was the year above you :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Bob.J said:
there's an amsa convention in syd?
Hey lexi you went to fort st right? i think i remember you, i was the year above you :D
PM sent (week ago :p)

Yes AMSA con is in Sydney this year, then Perth next year. See ausmed for more details. :)

billeh

HSC
woah! cool!! so all u need is a UAI of 92 and u can do medicine at Newcastle! are you guys sure about that, cuz that seems a little low ..
but if thats true . . dammit im gonna do medicine!!!! yeeha!!!!!!!!!!!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Theres a lot of other selection criteria you need to fulfil, despite a relatively low UAI cutoff, it is still damn difficult to get in.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
billeh said:
woah! cool!! so all u need is a UAI of 92 and u can do medicine at Newcastle! are you guys sure about that, cuz that seems a little low ..
but if thats true . . dammit im gonna do medicine!!!! yeeha!!!!!!!!!!!!
92 uai is a guesstimation by someone previously

it's 93.8

and what jess said. (ie. umat/uai/interview)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Apparently one of the things they do is put music on and ask you to dance to it while they all sit there and watch..

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Bob.J said:
92 uai is a guesstimation by someone previously

it's 93.8

and what jess said. (ie. umat/uai/interview)
90.8 UAI cut-off for "rurals" (or "bumpkins" as we are constantly referred to as...)

It seems that this isolation may be worth something in the end after all! Joy!! *chants with fingers crossed*"Newy 06, Newy 06, Newy 06..."

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Anyone do Med/Arts in Newcastle? Seems like the program is really integrated and there's no mention of combining degrees on the website...

Zali

HSC
just wondering if any 1 in the coffs harbour area is doing UMAT and any umat courses. Me and a friend need 1 more person to do a course so we can all get a $200 discount. the course is in Brisbane

kt

HSC
last year i would have said yes, but one prep course and sitting of umat was more than enough for me! but it worked and i'm headed for UNCLE next year. also, don't be discouraged and feel like you won't get in because you're from a country area, because the requirements are much lower. i come from woolgoolga (you probably know where that is) and i got into UNSW and UNCLE, so it can be done! the main problem i found was the time taken up with travelling to all the different things you have to do.

Zali

HSC
Thanks for the incouragement. I think the hardest thing is going to be the UMAT for me. did you have to write those essays on work experience and community involvement for your UNSW application. I dont know what to write.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)