UMAT Result (Anyone with UMAT knowledge please help!) (1 Viewer)

njwh

HSC
So I just did the ACER practise UMAT #1 without any prior study for it.
In total I got 97/134 or 72.4%

...and had 17 minutes to spare by the time I finished. (I did not go back and check my answers (Cause that's a bitch to do on the website)).
Also, I had a reasonable amount of distractions going on around me throughout the entire 3 hours and rushed the last 20 or so questions due to impatience.

In the three sections:
Data Analysis - 15 incorrect
Understanding People - 10 incorrect
Non-Verbal Reasoning - 12 incorrect

I was wondering the following:
-What percentile does this result equate to? (And how did you calculate this?)
-What percentile do I need to get an MMI offer at Monash Med?
-How can I best improve in each area? (I'm aware empathy skills are rather innate and you can't really practise them)
-How often should I practise for the UMAT to guarantee I get into the aforementioned Monash Med required percentile?

Thank you heaps! If you know the answer to any one of these questions please drop a reply. :)

Prep

HSC
It is not possible to calculate the exact percentile. ACER have mentioned clearly that information regarding scoring remains the property of ACER and the UMAT Consortium. A candidate has no right to examination of ACER’s scoring processes and methodologies.
50% ATAR, 50% UMAT

To be a successful candidate for the undergraduate MBBS program at Monash University, Clayton campus, you will need to have a high study score of at least 35 (out of a score of 50) in English (English as Second Language) or 30 (out of a score of 50) in both English and Chemistry. The required ATAR or equivalent is 90 or above.

Section 1 can be time consuming, read the answer options in the beginning to pin point the key idea from the passage.
Review your answers smartly while taking prep tests. Keep a track on what you consistently miss out which will eventually help you to evaluate your performance.
Look for repeating patterns in a series and logically interpret the difference in movement; going back and forth will immensely help in getting a high score in section 3.

KEEP PRACTICING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! :read:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)