Umat Results (1 Viewer)

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Re: Umat

Makes me feel sorry for the people who just miss out but are genuinely passionate about the field.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

^ 100% true, the guy in our grade who got 98th percentile has about the empathetic capability of a teaspoon but aced all the sections, he even said he doesn't care about med he just wants the money.
What a cunt. :'(
Fuck, I hate cunts like that.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A

money shouldnt be the major driving factor for medicine. but knowing you will have financial stability after all those years of training is certainly motivating.

clissold

HSC

OII, WHAT A FUCKING LOL..

S1 - 54
S2 - 39
S3 - 50

OVR - 48

37th Percentile

Hahahahahahahahahaha, I honestly dont even care..

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC

91st percentile
Section 1: 69
Section 2: 39 (I KNOW! FML)
Section 3: 77
Guys... can someone just tell me if I have any hope for UNSW medicine and/or UNSW optometry with an ATAR of 98-99?

apollo1

Banned
HSC

Guys... can someone just tell me if I have any hope for UNSW medicine and/or UNSW optometry with an ATAR of 98-99?
you shuld hav a chance with 91 percentile and 98-99 atar but it wil come down to the interview.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A

anna, this is an offer for you to be my padawan. if you are committed to medicine, i will make sure you get in 100%.

WIK123

HSC

Hey I did pretty bad and got a percentile of 77, but I have an atar estimate of 99.8, have I got any chance for med anywhere? :(

Infatuate

HSC

Mhm. UNSW will probably accept you (just? idk). The universities that don't consider your UMAT score probably will too.

apollo1

Banned
HSC

Hey I did pretty bad and got a percentile of 77, but I have an atar estimate of 99.8, have I got any chance for med anywhere? :(
u might get luky. but this was wat umat was designed to do. get rid of any rote learners who do well in hsc but might not be able to handle med.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A

u might get luky. but this was wat umat was designed to do. get rid of any rote learners who do well in hsc but might not be able to handle med.
lol med is rote learning to the max. if you are a good rote learner, you will do well in med. i was one of those people who went thru high school with little knowledge but knew the principles and how to apply them. i found it pretty hard going in medicine at first because everything is memorisation and regurgitation. the umat is quite an arbitrary system to cut down numbers.

smartalec

HSC

someone in my school ranked 250+ got a umat in the 98th percentile. he is certainly an outlier. he dosent even do any extensions - just shows he'd be a good doctor.

mmkardart

Med/Dent Interview Helper
HSC
N/A

lol med is rote learning to the max. if you are a good rote learner, you will do well in med. i was one of those people who went thru high school with little knowledge but knew the principles and how to apply them. i found it pretty hard going in medicine at first because everything is memorisation and regurgitation. the umat is quite an arbitrary system to cut down numbers.
Totally agree with you Dr_Fresh! Plenty of interesting info to absorb :guitar:

kotone

HSC

Hey guys, can someone please tell me if i have a chance anywhere?
section 1 : 56
section 2 : 50
section 3 : 77
overall score : 61
percentile : 88
And probs around 98 Atar
I heard that university of adelaide and newcastle's cut-off is quite low, any chance of getting an interview

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad

um possibly not 1st round of interviews but maybe late round of interviews (after release of atar) because I know a friend who got 99.4? and umat of 81 and he got offerred an interview although didnt get in. So you have a chance of getting interview and then depending on how well you do for the interview, you might make it!

Hey guys, can someone please tell me if i have a chance anywhere?
section 1 : 56
section 2 : 50
section 3 : 77
overall score : 61
percentile : 88
And probs around 98 Atar
I heard that university of adelaide and newcastle's cut-off is quite low, any chance of getting an interview
Um depending on ur school atar estimate and if i remember the selection option for estimate at unsw, one of it was 98+ Then yup you should be in!

Why do i know? I received an atar estimate of 99+ and got a UMAT of 85 and was offered an interview. However, i was not offered a position for medicine. This is for UNSW btw. Kinda glad I didnt get into med as I think I might drop out after 2nd year because of intense cutting up and stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)