Umat second time around? (1 Viewer)

callum21

HSC
Hi, I'm sitting the umat again this year. Last year my overall score was 51, 61%tile with no prep, other than the acer booklets.
This year, one of my friends is loaning me quite a few f2f papers. How have other people gone in their scond time, I can't imagine that scores improve too dramatically right?

assiduous

HSC
Hi, I'm sitting the umat again this year. Last year my overall score was 51, 61%tile with no prep, other than the acer booklets.
This year, one of my friends is loaning me quite a few f2f papers. How have other people gone in their scond time, I can't imagine that scores improve too dramatically right?
Are you even allowed to sit the UMAT again?
Are you in uni now?
Did you repeat the HSC?
I'm considering repeating the HSC, if i don't get over 80 ATAR.

callum21

HSC
I'm in uni now. You can sit the umat a second time and apply as a non-standard applicant, at least to uws where I want to go.
If i was you I wouldn't repeat, you can just start a degree and use your uni marks to apply for another course.

Dream Meteor

HSC
Dont worry too much, I have had students that were sitting UMAT for the second time last year and they both got into med. One of them ended up in UNSW and the other all the way in Adelaide. In fact, I am currently tutoring someone whos sitting the UMAT for the second time as well and he's definitely improved alot.

I wonder if someone whos currently doing dentistry is allowed to sit the UMAT again if they wanna transfer to med, or the other way around. Cos UMAT score is only valid for two years I think.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
you hear stories of people doing worse second time and stories on people doing better. i would say its about 50-50. except if u have to remember if u get e.g. 30 percentile, and then 70 the next time. thats still a pretty big improvement, but still not enough to get u in.

some people can improve with training, others cant. dont ask me why because i have no idea. so unless you've given it a 2nd go, you wont know.

Dream Meteor

HSC
you hear stories of people doing worse second time and stories on people doing better. i would say its about 50-50. except if u have to remember if u get e.g. 30 percentile, and then 70 the next time. thats still a pretty big improvement, but still not enough to get u in.

some people can improve with training, others cant. dont ask me why because i have no idea. so unless you've given it a 2nd go, you wont know.
Yeah I agree. If you think all the effort and money spent is worth a try, then just give it your best shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)