Umat? Summer School? (1 Viewer)

bmwz4

HSC
i dont know when to start my UMAT course? should i be doing it now....i have so much to do like summarising the first topic of biology, chem etc.....anywayss r the edassist summer school programs at uni of syd useful? i was thinking of attending a few lectures......yeh stressed about half yearlies :eek:

501n2u

HSC
ive been before and i didn't find that they were very useful. although i thought the essay writing one helped

aussiechica7

HSC
Sign up with medentry, and do 9 of the 10 practice exams some time between now and july. then do the last one just before the exam. you'll b right by the time your umat comes around

aussiechica7

HSC
Lotto, with your scores, I'm sure you'll get in. Congrats. What was the breakdown of your section 1, 2 and 3? Have u received interviews/applied 2 other unis?

angeee

HSC
arent there heaps of umat coaching places though? is medentry a particularly good one? Happy new year!!!

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Haha I have no idea what "medentry" or "medassist" are, assuming that they're some sort of umat training programs at USYD?
How do you sign up for "medentry"?

Personally i'm practising UMAT questions like every second day in these holidays...hopefully that will help me later on...
Luckily I also might be getting some sort of weekly umat coaching from my maths teacher at school, and luckily she's got heaps of umat practice questions etc.

Nonetheless I think I might get some proper coaching if it's recommended...

Sofstar

HSC
I thought you couldnt study for UMAT....obviously i'm wrong. lol.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Sofstar said:
I thought you couldnt study for UMAT....obviously i'm wrong. lol.
I wouldn't call it studying...more or less it is simply practice:p...well thats my opinion of it

Sofstar

HSC
ahh k, but isnt it a logic and reasoning type exam?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
yeah probably not studying, but yeah practice and familiarisation :D yeah it's logics, reasoning, and like patterns that messes with your mind, i'm so bad at those.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
So for medentry...is it worth going to the two day full day workshop? If so then i'd rather pay for the distance prep package :D And also, where is it held at?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Err yeah and also, is this "medentry" program suitable for graduate students going doing the GAMSAT test too? Because aren't they basically the same thing?

minorcadence

HSC
yoakim said:
Err yeah and also, is this "medentry" program suitable for graduate students going doing the GAMSAT test too? Because aren't they basically the same thing?

Noooo, GAMSAT is much more comprehensive; there are essays and stimulus material to analyse, and the science section... eeek!

UMAT is friendlier with three sections of multiple choice based on logic, non-verbal reasoning, and human understanding/empathy.

Correct me if i'm talking out of my bum...

IMTB

HSC
hey, which umat preparation course is better? Medentry or Face 2 face?
cheers ppls :D

Last edited:

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Will you utterly, utterly fail if you don't sign up and do UMAT tutoring and try to wing it?

I can't do any face to face seminars (or whateva people do in person), so I was thinking online UMAT preps, maybe? Any suggestions??

Last edited:

IMTB

HSC
I'm pretty sure u won't fail...I mean didnt someone just say they got score of 221 or something when they did nothing at all for it? and 221 is like a really high mark...
anyway, can someone tell me if face2face is better or medentry?
XD cheers

kloudsurfer

HSC
IMTB said:
hey, which umat preparation course is better? Medentry or Face 2 face?
cheers ppls :D
Ive never even heard of face2face!

I remember there was a thread either here or on medstudentsonline and everybody rated helpfulness of the prep courses for each of the three sections.

I got the impression from that thread that Medentry was the best overall.

But thats just what ive found, it doesnt necessarily mean it is the best. Different courses are stronger at different sections and different people have different opinions. There is really no way to tell unless you go to all of them.

Im going to Medentry.

To answer the question of the thread, I was going to go to summer school, but then i thought that it would be pointless considering we havent even covered half the course. Im waiting till winter school.

IMTB

HSC
awesome thanks....what do they do at summer school? just lectures? on the HSC course?

the leader

HSC
You can order books from the actual UMAT people that are full of practice questions.... I guess they would be ok seeing as they are the people who make the test

Here's the site: http://umatweb.acer.edu.au/

Does anyone have these books - can you offer us some feedback??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)