UMAT woes (1 Viewer)

Natalie_D

HSC
I'm doing a few of the older Medentry practice papers that are out of 110. What raw mark would be considered >95 percentile?
Is Medentry for each section considered harder, easier or the same standard as the actual UMAT exam in general?

This is so confusing :spzz:

iStudent

HSC
I scored 67-8ish to 80% (% raw mark) in those super old papers. Average over time probably around 72% - so around high 70/low 80 out of 110??
My actual UMAT percentile was 95.

Also as a note, I didn't do most of the papers in exam conditions.

S3 lots harder. S1 hard-ish. S2 around the same (medentry compared to real UMAT)

Reactions: Oer

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I scored 67-8ish to 80% (% raw mark) in those super old papers. Average over time probably around 72% - so around high 70/low 80 out of 110??

Also as a note, I didn't do most of the papers in exam conditions.

S3 lots harder. S1 hard-ish. S2 around the same (medentry compared to real UMAT)
Wow too good!

When you did papers in timed conditions, what percentage did you usually get?

Last edited:

iStudent

HSC
Just to give a bit of background info, for my first few papers (which wasn't done under exam conditions), my marks were like 64, then avg'd 67, 68. Then suddenly peaked to 80% for a couple times (I think this was when S1/S3 finally clicked). After that, I did a couple under exam conditions and got 71/73%. If you're using the same medentry papers I had, I think this was paper 7/8.
Didn't record my results for 9 and 10 unfortunately...

Some of you guys probably have access to those super old F2F papers as well. Since you might be interested, my avg score was mid 70% (I found these easier compared to medentry).

So yea, if you're scoring 70s (or even low 70s) you're in a good position for UMAT I guess :D

iStudent

HSC
I did both the old papers and the new papers (from when I joined medentry like 2 months before the real thing).

I did better in the newer papers but that's probably because I improved (by quite a decent amount I'd say...) since doing the old papers. Also, there's quite a bit of overlap in questions between old and new papers.

Natalie_D

HSC
I got 87/110 for the first one, but it seemed much easier for s1 than the sample ones i have seen online. I've been talking to some of my friends, and they all seem to be set and are pretty confident. Your words have given me confidence.

emilios

HSC
for medentry:
S1 in medentry is a little harder if not the same. i found real UMAT S1 to be a killer.
S3 is substantially harder
S2 is just... different. the real UMAT S2 i found was less ambiguous, more fair and used less obscure vocab. i always tanked S2 in medentry but in the real UMAT got in the 95th%ile for that section

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
for medentry:
S1 in medentry is a little harder if not the same. i found real UMAT S1 to be a killer.
S3 is substantially harder
S2 is just... different. the real UMAT S2 i found was less ambiguous, more fair and used less obscure vocab. i always tanked S2 in medentry but in the real UMAT got in the 95th%ile for that section
holy fuck that section 2 is beast

you could be like an empathy-based superhero or something

jess997

HSC
N/A
how can I improve on section 2? People on some forums are suggesting Goleman's emotional intelligence book. will this help?

redjnr

HSC
^ Practice will definitely help by letting you get used to the style of questions but overall I think it's the hardest section to improve on (maybe impossible) so don't become discouraged if your marks are not improving. I did about 20 hours or so of UMAT prep and never really felt more confident in section II. I'm not sure if reading books will help but it's certainly worth trying.

Biggest advice I can confidently give is LEARN YOUR VOCABULARY, especially words that describe feeling personality etc. I'm not sure about previous years but many passages and questions on section II last year had some pretty difficult vocab that the average person e.g. me would not know.

bangladesh

HSC
how can I improve on section 2? People on some forums are suggesting Goleman's emotional intelligence book. will this help?
I improved massively (from ~50%ile to ~98%ile) in sections I and III, but my section II score went up from 45 to 52 (30%ile to 50%ile) lol. Tell me if you ever find a way to improve on section 2. I honestly believe that the only thing that may SLIGHTLY help is getting better at vocab. Other than that, I got nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)