umat (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, same thing. Basically, change your view of the image, don't get freaked and stare at it for 1.6 minutes per question without turning SOMETHING.

re: health care card, have you confirmed that the individual applicant's income is the ONLY determining factor? Are you SURE it isn't bound to your parents' income if you are a dependant?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Im positively sure!!! it's on the form and u can confirm this with the centrlink staff.
ur parents can earn a squillion dollars but as long as ur earning minimum wage or less u can legally apply for one
but theres a bit more to it
u cant be gettin income from shares, umm..company investments and sumthing else but i forget
and if u have a partner who is earning u have to state that too because it mite affect ur eligibility for one. pretty much parents dont matter wut-so-ever regardless of the fact that u are or are not dependant upon them.
:D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Excellent! I'm going to get one as soon as I step onshore now. I need to visit them and ask for money anyway. Now that I'm eligible I can actually demand that they pay my college fees. :p

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
i'm most fearful about section 1 of that paper. don't know why, but it tends to pass me by. but then, i'm not too cool with type 2 questions in section 3 and section 2 sounds a bit of a nuisance with all those scenarios. does your resume matter a great deal? and what about your school academic or subject awards?

Saul

*ss
HSC
the CV is purely used as an interview aid

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by arielbelle
does your resume matter a great deal? and what about your school academic or subject awards?
rule of thumb: write down everything that you want to talk about. and if u want to get into med, be smart enough to keep a copy of the CV u send in, so you remember what you wrote down. it is several months between handing in CV and interviewing, and you'd be amazed how much you can forget under HSC (and UMAT?) stress...

ND

HSC
Originally posted by spice girl
it is several months between handing in CV and interviewing, and you'd be amazed how much you can forget under HSC (and UMAT?) stress...
Just make sure something you don't forget is where you put the CV photocopy... damn...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
UMAT stress? Once you finish it there is NONE...or so the case was for me. I honestly don't know why people found it so hard.

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
this med entrance thing is like mercury, almost. it's really hard to pinpoint. it's funny how the only prerequisite is the umat now. does that mean somebody who does no science (most ppl do maths), and gets say 100 uai can still get in? that's slightly ridiculous. does work experience in clinics or hospitals or medical places score well?

(i just realised i've risen to the status of junior member. anyone know how that works? is it based on period of registration or no. of posts?)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
It does in interview, if you pull the strings right. You need to show that you know what you're getting in to and you're prepared to shoulder it.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Peh. I reply to people and give either my opinion, my advice, or my thoughts. Sometimes these thoughts are less important than others. :)

Anyway, we keep our fora clean and try to help you guys out where we can. In Japanese my job is to prevent spam, answer questions and just keep the house clean. My job becomes more and less difficult depending on the time of year. Around now nobody feels like posting so I keep my presence up everywhere else. ;)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
DON'T GO TO TRAINING COURSES...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! :chainsaw:

I've become disillusioned with the medical entry requisites. It seems as tho everyone is making money out of it. The UMAT is costly enough as it is and your chances of passing are very slim, why waste more money?

In fact, how about I sell you all my booklets? (from both NIE and AMEPP) - I'll charge you only 100 bucks - the books are all you need and you're better off buying them than wasting 300 bucks on 2 boring and useless days.

If anyone is interested, email me at kissmychudy@hotmail.com

korry

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by arielbelle
it's funny how the only prerequisite is the umat now. does that mean somebody who does no science (most ppl do maths), and gets say 100 uai can still get in? that's slightly ridiculous.
well, generally...if u were interested in doing medicine...wouldnt u be into science type subjects....

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
That's not true at all. Doctors come from every academic background and interest, with the common goal of serving humanity in the field of health care. The good ones that is. ;)

Saul

*ss
HSC
Originally posted by CHUDYMASTER
DON'T GO TO TRAINING COURSES...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! :chainsaw:

I've become disillusioned with the medical entry requisites. It seems as tho everyone is making money out of it. The UMAT is costly enough as it is and your chances of passing are very slim, why waste more money?

In fact, how about I sell you all my booklets? (from both NIE and AMEPP) - I'll charge you only 100 bucks - the books are all you need and you're better off buying them than wasting 300 bucks on 2 boring and useless days.

If anyone is interested, email me at kissmychudy@hotmail.com

training courses do help - i know they helped me... whether or not its worth the exuberant prices is a completely different matter.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
UMAT training courses are great to boost ure confidence... and prepare ure mind fer the stress of weird questions..

umm.. try and get a group discount.. ?

remember...
no guarantees but at least u wont hav any regrets bout using ure resources..

i kno guys with UAI 99+ but couldnt score shit all on the UMAT.. hehe

i got UAI: 99.0 and all but 1 of the med/dent interviews in OZ but predicted UAI: 97.9 so just work hard when it counts.. and party harder when u got time.. cos if u fail at least hav fun doin that too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)