Umat (2 Viewers)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

But, I got the UNSW interview pre-HSC, so they used my ATAR estimate post-Trial, which was 99.80. So, going by that, I'm guessing 99.80 + 80th percentile in UMAT (which was a score of 56) gets you an interview at UNSW. But I guarantee you, that marks was on the lower end of the acceptance spectrum - I was probably one of the last people to get offered an interview based on that.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
But, I got the UNSW interview pre-HSC, so they used my ATAR estimate post-Trial, which was 99.80. So, going by that, I'm guessing 99.80 + 80th percentile in UMAT (which was a score of 56) gets you an interview at UNSW. But I guarantee you, that marks was on the lower end of the acceptance spectrum - I was probably one of the last people to get offered an interview based on that.
Well then I have to get A LOT higher than 80 on UMAT. lol

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well then I have to get A LOT higher than 80 on UMAT. lol
Well then, you should be fine. I only did a couple of MedEntry papers the weekend before the exam.

From what I've heard, if you're getting around 85 (for UMAT, the actual exam itself), you should be fine.

K4M1N3

HSC
Sections 2 and 3 are shit easy....its just section 1 that's a bit rough, just the reading and concluding and what not.

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
Sections 2 and 3 are shit easy....its just section 1 that's a bit rough, just the reading and concluding and what not.
Agreed!
But I still wouldn't say section 2&3 is "shit easy"
But yeah section 1 ..... FML!

Vincent168

HSC
Section 2 is quite hard to get high though, it seems like all the answers are correct and you really need to think deeply which one is BEST of all correct answers. But yea its not like it does your head in with heaps of puzzles and problem solving but it isn't "easy" to get high.

PS. If I want to ask questions about the UMAT is this the right place to post questions? (Medentry etc)

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
Section 2 is quite hard to get high though, it seems like all the answers are correct and you really need to think deeply which one is BEST of all correct answers. But yea its not like it does your head in with heaps of puzzles and problem solving but it isn't "easy" to get high.

PS. If I want to ask questions about the UMAT is this the right place to post questions? (Medentry etc)
yeah, your questions prob have to placed here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/forumdisplay.php/332-Medicine-and-Medical-Health-Studies
But people might hardly view,just ask it here, and moderators would move it if they want.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well then, you should be fine. I only did a couple of MedEntry papers the weekend before the exam.
From what I've heard, if you're getting around 85 (for UMAT, the actual exam itself), you should be fine.
I don't have any medEntry papers... :(

Lol, Section 2 is really easy, you just have to be empathetic.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

This site is unlike MSO, you are free to discuss prep courses.

Vincent168

HSC
That's like saying "UMAT is so easy you just gotta be fast and intelligent"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)