umm anyone doing Age of Silicon this year? (1 Viewer)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I was nagging my teacher to do this topic but it seems that none of our physics teacher understands the topic.

Budz

HSC
What is this topic, i didnt know it existed
im doin astrophysics...
it seems my teacher wishes to teach space yet again..
Primary, High School, Senior...
it would be funny if i did a degree in it..... :p

Ghost1788

HSC
The study of electronics how transistors, diodes work, Logic gates..I had to bug my teacher to do it and he refused(or morly the rest of the class refused...no one likes a challenge any more) so now only 3 ppl in the class are doing it including me and he doesnt teac it we just ask him questions if we dont understand the text.. so i started this thread in the hope of looking for more 'resoures'

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
i really really want to do it too, but my teacher refuses to teach it, because she doesnt know it. is anyone considering just doing it by themselves? i sure am, the rest seem shithouse.

Alienangel

Yep - We're doing Age of Silicon...

It's the one topic not in the jacaranda text we use!
Anyone got any info? - I've got an assessment due in a week that I have no clue about (yet)

skyby

HSC
were doing age of silcon... our teach said it is the easiest and that moetly he get every1 to get about 25/25 for the subject... ne1 willing share notes and stuff are welcome

andwz

HSC
i wanted to do it but my teacher didnt let he said u learn 2 yrs of uni bs 1st before u can do it.. i done abit of age of silicon at tafe already thats y i wanted to do it, he didnt want me too cause he said everyone hu did it by themselves the yr before all ended up wif low marks..

aaaman

Banned
HSC
andwz said:
i wanted to do it but my teacher didnt let he said u learn 2 yrs of uni bs 1st before u can do it.. i done abit of age of silicon at tafe already thats y i wanted to do it, he didnt want me too cause he said everyone hu did it by themselves the yr before all ended up wif low marks..
low marks? dont believe that all the shit in the topic is backed up in software :p

Deus Ex Machina

HSC
Age of silicon in older jacaranda books but not new?

Alienangel said:
Yep - We're doing Age of Silicon...

It's the one topic not in the jacaranda text we use!
Anyone got any info? - I've got an assessment due in a week that I have no clue about (yet)

Its in the jacaranda text we have (only we only have about 2 of them for the class - only bout 4 doing it tho) however after saying that I should buy my own the teacher said that for some odd reason it is left out of the newer editions of the book. This is really silly as I have found the jacaranda book the most helpfull for this topic.

Äj

HSC
Re: Age of silicon in older jacaranda books but not new?

silicons in the old text book...and i got mine 2nd hand, so it was in there :D
my class did med phys, even though the teacher wanted to do astro he thought med would be easier to do.
...i did silicon anyway, lol.

silicon is an easy topic...but then again what topic isnt? haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)