• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UMP UMAT? Dodgy? (1 Viewer)

mareecar

HSC
I wanted some UMAT prep and I googled 'UMAT' and I saw a site advertising a free UMAT seminar, www.umpumat.com.au

I was just wondering if any of you had been to the seminar, and if it is dodgy? I mean, it's free so they can't take my money can they? I know they sell stuff too so they probably want me to sign up for more things after coming to the seminar, but as long as I don't have to. I just want to make sure it isn't some dodgy scam or something.

Thanks for your replies!

MiiU MiiU

HSC
N/A
My bro went to a seminar when he was doing umat like 2 years ago. But i think it was part of a course? or something? He payed like 400 dollars for the umat material and stuff...

o wait, i think there's a trial course you go to, i think that you have to pay for... not sure though :S

mareecar

HSC
What you're talking about sounds like MedEntry and Dallas. It seems you just turn up and don't have to pay. You probably have to listen to a spiel at the end about their actual paying course. They do have one. I found a number on the website so I'll ring it and ask.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Looks like the new kid on the block in the long line of umat prep courses, I haven't heard anything about them yet even though they seem to have been up and running for over a year.

mareecar

HSC
Seems you're right! I rang the number to ask about it, and they've been teaching informally for 5 years and formally under UMP for 2. I know this is probably naive of me but it actually seems like they aren't doing it for the money. The guy that answered the phone was a med student in 5th year and it seems like its a course run by medstudents because they hated the other crap out there. Lol, they spent ages dissing the other courses, hatecrime :pain:.

Anyway, he said the seminar was free no strings attatched, but that if I was impressed with the seminar I could join up for their full prep for $100 per person.
I'll go along to the seminar and, considering noone seems to be able to tell me how these people are, i'll report back!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
mareecar said:
Seems you're right! I rang the number to ask about it, and they've been teaching informally for 5 years and formally under UMP for 2. I know this is probably naive of me but it actually seems like they aren't doing it for the money. The guy that answered the phone was a med student in 5th year and it seems like its a course run by medstudents because they hated the other crap out there. Lol, they spent ages dissing the other courses, hatecrime :pain:.

Anyway, he said the seminar was free no strings attatched, but that if I was impressed with the seminar I could join up for their full prep for $100 per person.
I'll go along to the seminar and, considering noone seems to be able to tell me how these people are, i'll report back!
I'm going to the seminar aswell, i think this course is gonna be a bit like f2f, which is also student run.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Wooz said:
I'm going to the seminar aswell, i think this course is gonna be a bit like f2f, which is also student run.
Hey Wooz, if you don't mind me asking, what course are you currently undertaking in Uni now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)