• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UN envoy hits Israel 'apartheid' (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Watthedam said:
My friend, as you attempt to manifest ideas to invalidate Islam, the very evidence you attain is fictitious. Islam was not a religion based on Jewish ideology. You may wonder why some concepts in Islam run parallel with your concepts. The thing is, my dear friend, Islam came as a savour to the people of Isreal, as they were on path of misguidance. So Islam, came in order to rectify the predicament the people of Isreal were in.
yeah savour, to eat the flesh and drink the blood, savouring israeli meat eh? Does that means islam is cannibalistic religion?

Now, the irony in all this is that the "Hebrew Bible" prophecies the coming of the prophet Muhammad (his name is not directly reffered to as Muhammad). The problem in this was that the prophet Muhammad was not from the family lineage that the people of Isreal preffered, hence refuse they refuse to accept his existance.
Which hebrew Bible chapter and verse :mad1:

Muhammad was not a political figure, and did not fabricalte the religion that is Islam. Rather he was illiterate (at the time, only the rich could afford education, not beacuse he was igonrant) and yet God delivered, throught prophet Muhammad, a book so divine and so immaculate in its linguistics, that at the time no man could conjure up a chapter as beautiful as the Quran was written (during this context, the arabs were well known for thier poetry). Now how can one say that Islam was a fabrication by the prophet Muhammad.
Then who was political figure during his lifetime? He was defacto dictator known for his ruthlessness. Not only Political but also religious leader just like modern day Ayatollah of Iran who actually have the real power even to override President and Parliament, who are representatives of the people. In Islam, there is no seperation of religion and state.

Islam is not a religion that was founded from the Jewish teachings. It was a reminder, and yet you refuse to consent to such a notion. I suggest that before you deliver your next deceitful post, you attain your evidence from a source which is correct, but then again, "ignorance is bliss."
The foundation stone of Islam monotheism is copied from Judaism, before that arabs worship thousands of gods and idols.
P.S. What is it you have against Arabs, how I would detest to be part of a religion that condones arrogance and racist perceptions. People study ancient History and Moderm History, but what about the time period in between? Islam!
Guess what, the best place to study Islam, Arabic and middle east history is in London, not in some arab countries. Western people know more about you than you know yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
watthedam said:
ayran beauty, mate how can you say that islam has information censored? This is something false. Islam has nothing to hide, we are here for all of humanity.

People fail to realise Islam rejects all form of terror, rather Islam encourages peace amongst fellow human beings. Islam condems all forms of terrrorism. Islam is a religion of peace.

Now for those who have the stereotype that muslims are rapists, murederers and dole bludgers, and so on, please note that they are all false.

It is compulsory upon every muslim to search for knowldege, to be the best in thier fields, and to not be beggars. All the aforementioned concepts are the cornerstone of what Islam is.

Muslims condem all forms of sexual and physical assault. So all those bad perceptions people have of muslims are false

Study Islam, not the people!!
and with that, i think ill leave BOS forever now :wave:
thnx bro

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
JaredR said:
A heathen is a person who doesn't acknowledge the G-d of Islam, Judaism and Christianity. (All of whom are the same entity.) A Heathen is not a Gentile. Please do some more research.

i think that word was pagan, although the cardinal of sydney used it against muslims at a meeting with a muslim leader

but anyways
heathen means something less than something else, correct me if im wrong

i know that infidel is latin for "o ye without faith"
and infidel doesnt have a basis in islam as even athiests have some kind of faith in something- and the quran gives examples of that im sure they'll agree with

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
and infidel doesnt have a basis in islam as even athiests have some kind of faith in something- and the quran gives examples of that im sure they'll agree with
It depends how much you want to abuse the word faith, the notions of religion etc.

jenzipoo

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I side with the "exact opposite" (assuming that Palestine isn't a democracy [WRONG], doesn't promote scientific effort [WRONG] and doesn't promote secular society) because, to simplfy the situation, they cop too much shit from an international bully. There comes a point when one should say to themselves, "Geez, hey, Israel might seem like a nice country but it kills thousands of civilians every year in an effort to increase its national borders/weed out ideologies. I guess they're nothing but rank, douchebags and that their behaviour has to stop." Being on the same ideological side as myself doesn't inherently mean that I have to side with them in this situation. Doing so would be hypocritical, shallow and highly unintelligent.
before i begin i would like to ask, have you ever visited israel or the gaza strip or west bank? have you witnessed it first hand? have you been there, experienced AND then been able to form your own opinion?
because i have.

first of all what democracy are you seeing? because there is no way Hamas won the last election democratically. the sentiment on the streets and amongst the majority of the population was too weary of the terrorist organisation forming a government to have caused the win.

secondly i would like you to please explain how "palestine" 'cops the shit.' up until the Hamas government came into power millions if not billions of dollars were sent to the PA to be used for health, education and other neccesities. israel is continually critisced for its methods of handling EVERYTHING by all countries and organisations except the US. (i could go into so much detail here if youre still too stubbon to aknowledge it)

thirdly youre 'ideology': "Geez, hey, Israel might seem like a nice country but it kills thousands of civilians every year in an effort to increase its national borders/weed out ideologies. I guess they're nothing but rank, douchebags and that their behaviour has to stop" is simply regurgatation of what another ignorant lunatic has taught you. you show me these statistics of thousands of people each year (o and please find a website that will exclude the actual suicide bombers, assasinated suicide bombers, people who have died when told to leave a building about to be blown up, people who have accidentally died making bombs and other ridiculous types of people included in these statistics)
i dont know what planet youre living on but the one i'm on has a country called israel who not for weeks or months but for years now has been trying to coordinate a peace plan with the palestinians. the same country who actually DECREASED its borders when it ordered its own people to leave the gaza strip. forcibly removing these people from their homes to give back to the palestinians who then went and burnt down the houses and synagogues in a wasted effort at peace.

please delve into some of your issues further befoe you comment on such things

jenzipoo

HSC
HotShot said:
Firstly Israel is the superpower in the region and they hold responsibilty for stability in that region anything that they do will be their fault. Hence they are the aggressor.
in what way are they a superpower?? in terms of money? power? influence?
how can israel, a predominantly jewish state, have responsibility and maintain stability amongst many arab nations who in laymans terms want to destroy her?

And you side with state that has violated UN laws, and been called by many organistions as using inhumane methods, and also been called by many as a terrorist organisation. And recently compared to SA apartheid by the UN.
every country is guilty of violating UN "laws". israel, however, is the only one condemned for it.
what inhumane methods are you talking about? i dare you to say torture. (in any sense of the word)
how can you call a country a terrorist organisation?? are you delusional, how can a country be an organisation
terrorist organization
nouna political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorist%20organization

the UN didnt make any comparisons. it was one person, with their own opinion, contracted by the UN to write a paper on the issue.
and even if it was the UN itself, it doesnt give the topic any credit, in fact coming from such a bias organisation with no true governing power it would discredit the issue entirely.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
jenzipoo said:
in what way are they a superpower?? in terms of money? power? influence?
how can israel, a predominantly jewish state, have responsibility and maintain stability amongst many arab nations who in laymans terms want to destroy her?
In terms of power, they have the backing of the USA who is the world superpower.
It is predominantly a jewish state, but it was responsibility to maintain stability in the region because it has the ability and power to do so. They wiped out Southern Lebanon (with international condemnation, with only backing of USA and Australia).

Iran is not highly looked upon, nor is Saudi Arabia or any other arab states. Iraq and Afghanistan are instable but the USA are responsible for those two countries.
The Area of Palestine has historical importance to jews, muslims and christians. And Israel is occupying this area and it is their responsibility to ensure that the region is stable.

every country is guilty of violating UN "laws". israel, however, is the only one condemned for it.
Oh really is every country violating UN laws? Really? Can you name say another 100 countries that violated UN laws?

what inhumane methods are you talking about? i dare you to say torture. (in any sense of the word)
Torture, use of cluster bombs, the way the treat arabs in Israel , Prisoners, the Mossad!.
how can you call a country a terrorist organisation?? are you delusional, how can a country be an organisation
HOw different is ISrael from a terrorist organisation?? They both have extreme views, they both use terror as a weapon to achieve their goals.
terrorist organization
nouna political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorist%20organization
its good to know that you use a dictionary.
the UN didnt make any comparisons. it was one person, with their own opinion, contracted by the UN to write a paper on the issue.
and even if it was the UN itself, it doesnt give the topic any credit, in fact coming from such a bias organisation with no true governing power it would discredit the issue entirely.
How is the UN biased?

nathan71088

HSC
HotShot said:
Oh really is every country violating UN laws? Really? Can you name say another 100 countries that violated UN laws?
What UN laws are you referring to?

Since I do not know the laws you talk of I cannot name 100 countries.

But I will tell you this. Israel and Lebanon fight for a reason, survival and freedom for Palestine or for Israel, land to it's rightful owners, the Palestinians or the Israeli's. religion etc. I dont know what the real reason is, everyone has their own opinion. I also do not wish to comment as to the right reason or wrong reason for the conflict. Obviously I wish no conflict was present. But there is definately a reason. And for this you condemn Israel.

Darfur, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Palestine, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Nigeria, massacres in places like Rwanda...In these places you will find: Underage and often forced prostitution, Tribal warfare, Sweatshops with child labourers all over Asia, forced labour, slavery where people are sold to pay off debts and international human trafficking. Besides the fact that some people go into this voluntarily for the sake of money and a livlihood, these are crimes against humanity. What is the reason. Money and greed in some cases, livlihood in others. And for this people die, they suffer, children of 7 or 8 partake in a life that you and most readers will never know. And you bully Israel!!! What do you think you are doing? Fighting for human rights? Get real. You condemn Israel for humanitarian purposes but keep silent about other countries... What do you really have against Israel?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
nathan71088 said:
What UN laws are you referring to?

Since I do not know the laws you talk of I cannot name 100 countries.
jenzipoo said:
Whatever laws Jenzipoo is reffering too.
Darfur, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Palestine, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Nigeria, massacres in places like Rwanda...In these places you will find: Underage and often forced prostitution, Tribal warfare, Sweatshops with child labourers all over Asia, forced labour, slavery where people are sold to pay off debts and international human trafficking. Besides the fact that some people go into this voluntarily for the sake of money and a livlihood, these are crimes against humanity. What is the reason. Money and greed in some cases, livlihood in others. And for this people die, they suffer, children of 7 or 8 partake in a life that you and most readers will never know.
Yeah I didnt Israel was the only one being inhumane. People already accept the fact that those countries have organisations that are inhumane. But often the government or the country as a whole will condemn these organisations and will work to cut it down. For eg, in vietname if you are caught running underage brothels or of something similar then you will be sent to jail, its not like the government in charge support that.

Where as with Israel the government continues to disregard UN Law and continues to employ inhumane methods. Other countries are different in the sense, its not the government that is committing these crimes but groups -(criminal groups) that commit these acts.
But with Israel its the government that commits these acts - they declared war on Lebanon they decided to use Cluster bombs and target civilians. The decide to treat Arabs citizens in second-class manner. And Israel is not working against these crimes and they have yet to take responsbility for it and they have no compensated for it either.
You condemn Israel for humanitarian purposes but keep silent about other countries... What do you really have against Israel?
Firstly you must understand this thread is titled 'UN envoy hits Israel 'apartheid' and not about humanitarian issues in the world.
I simply stated that Israel is an inhumane terrorist organistion or rather how different are they from a terrorist organisation.

Countries like Finland, Norway, Sweden etc have not violated UN Laws.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5207478.stm
http://www.ul.edu.lb/warleb/English3.htm
http://www.jatonyc.org/UNresolutions.html
http://www.crimesofwar.org/onnews/news-mideast2.html
http://www.icj-cij.org/icjwww/ipresscom/ipress2004/ipresscom2004-28_mwp_20040709.htm

HSC
HotShot said:

Yeah I didnt Israel was the only one being inhumane. People already accept the fact that those countries have organisations that are inhumane. But often the government or the country as a whole will condemn these organisations and will work to cut it down. For eg, in vietname if you are caught running underage brothels or of something similar then you will be sent to jail, its not like the government in charge support that.

Where as with Israel the government continues to disregard UN Law and continues to employ inhumane methods. Other countries are different in the sense, its not the government that is committing these crimes but groups -(criminal groups) that commit these acts.
But with Israel its the government that commits these acts - they declared war on Lebanon they decided to use Cluster bombs and target civilians. The decide to treat Arabs citizens in second-class manner. And Israel is not working against these crimes and they have yet to take responsbility for it and they have no compensated for it either.

Firstly you must understand this thread is titled 'UN envoy hits Israel 'apartheid' and not about humanitarian issues in the world.
I simply stated that Israel is an inhumane terrorist organistion or rather how different are they from a terrorist organisation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5207478.stm
http://www.ul.edu.lb/warleb/English3.htm
http://www.jatonyc.org/UNresolutions.html
http://www.crimesofwar.org/onnews/news-mideast2.html
http://www.icj-cij.org/icjwww/ipresscom/ipress2004/ipresscom2004-28_mwp_20040709.htm
Simple answer is 1.5 million arabs live in israel happier, richer, more educated, more secure than in any other arab countries :rofl:

nathan71088

HSC
HotShot said:

/quote]

"Whatever laws Jenzipoo is reffering too."" Where as with Israel the government continues to disregard UN Law" YOU keep referring to these laws, so while she brought them up, YOU use them as part of your argument. I want YOU to tell me what these laws are so that I know that YOU are talking about actual UN laws.

You are clearly sidestepping the issue. YOU are the one condeming Israel. YOU believe YOU have a justification for this. In following this justification where you are against "inhumane" institutions, surely if you are ready to criticise a country where a government will do nothing (considering there is something to do), how much more so should you criticise an institutionalised problem where despite government intervention, that you speak of, this problem is still evident.

I understand the title. The UN has made a link between inhumane activities in South Africa with Israel to further demonstrate the inhumane actions of Israel. You condemn Israel for these actions, that is why you are writing on this thread. Clearly you feel strongly about the country commiting these inhumane actions and you are against it. If you do not have any other bias against Israel then you are against it for these reasons alone - inhumanity. Therefore you would be against all kinds of inhumane treatment. But you have just identified that "People already accept the fact that those countries have organisations that are inhumane". Now that demonstrates a breakdown in your reasoning because these issues are still evident and yet you accept them in countries besides Israel? Clearly your sole reason of condemnation is not that Israel's actions are inhumane and mimic apartheid otherwise you would condemn actions similar to apartheid across the global spectrum. You have not done this. But you continue to refer to Israel as an "inhumane terrorist organistion". From the very use of "terrorist" this signifies something more in your condemnation of Israel. So I ask again: "what have you really got against Israel?

JayB

HSC
hotshot, to name a few countries that go against un laws, "palestine", iran, sudan and indeed most of africa including zimbabwe, russia has, china has, north korea has, in fact, its probably gonna be a much shorter list who hasnt.

JayB

HSC
oh, and an example of UN bias, "Twenty-six percent of all Security Council meetings between 1948 and the 1991 Madrid Conference dealt with the Arab-Israeli conflict. The U.N. Security Council passed a total of 175 resolutions. Seventy-four were neutral. Four were against the perceived interests of an Arab body. Ninety-seven were against Israel. In the U.N. General Assembly, the cumulative votes cast during this same period with or for Israel totaled 7,938. Those against Israel totaled 55,642"

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26892

Aryanbeauty

HSC
JayB said:
oh, and an example of UN bias, "Twenty-six percent of all Security Council meetings between 1948 and the 1991 Madrid Conference dealt with the Arab-Israeli conflict. The U.N. Security Council passed a total of 175 resolutions. Seventy-four were neutral. Four were against the perceived interests of an Arab body. Ninety-seven were against Israel. In the U.N. General Assembly, the cumulative votes cast during this same period with or for Israel totaled 7,938. Those against Israel totaled 55,642"

thats because most third world countries will vote against israel to get a slice of arab oil and money, not because they support Palestinian or arab for that matter. If they voted against Arab they are threatened with Oil Embargo, Israel never threaten other countries for not supporting her because she wants high quality relationships it has now such as with Turkey, India, Australia, USA and EU. NOT a dirty relationship forged under threat , a tactic used by arabs.:mad1:

Look at my Signature and those 30+ countries except turkey always vote against Israel even if the resolution means Israel show middle finger at Lebanon and such.

Last edited:

jenzipoo

HSC
HotShot said:
In terms of power, they have the backing of the USA who is the world superpower.
o yay this is fun, lets link all the countries together like a 'dot to dot' game and create one giant web of power.
if youre talking power i can say that other arab countries within the region are the 'superpower' because they have the oil 'power.' in terms of monarchial monetary power saudi arabia wins...the list goes on

It is predominantly a jewish state, but it was responsibility to maintain stability in the region because it has the ability and power to do so. They wiped out Southern Lebanon (with international condemnation, with only backing of USA and Australia).
the only responsibility israel has is to defend itself, and for a country that has to do it on a daily basis it does a damn good job.
the only thing israel has else to offer is land for peace but when youre dealing with a terrorist organisation that refuses to recognise your right to exist and wont accept part of the land, only the land in whole, that tool becomes meaningless.
the war in Lebanon is a totally different aside issue - address the issue or be specific in your question before i prove you wrong there too.
by the way President Mubarak of Egypt and King Abdullah II of Jordan criticized Hezbollah's actions as harmful, as it may have "the region being dragged into ‘adventurism' that does not serve Arab interests." A Saudi official was quoted that he was critical of Hezbollah guerrillas of "uncalculated adventures" that precipitated the latest Middle East crisis. "A difference should be drawn between legitimate resistance and rash adventures carried out by elements inside the state and those behind them without consultation or coordination with Arab countries. ... The Kingdom sees that it is time for those elements alone to shoulder the full responsibility for this irresponsible behavior and that the burden of ending the crisis they have created falls on them alone." The Danish foreign minister Per Stig Møller said that the Lebanese government has to take responsibility to prevent further terror attacks from Hezbollah in southern Lebanon. Israel has the right to act in self defense, but is also obligated to not use too strong measures. Chancellor Angela Merkel (of Germany) says "...The starting point is the capture of the Israeli soldiers. It is important that the government in Lebanon, which is on a peaceful path, should be strengthened, but it must be made clear that the capture [of the soldiers] cannot be tolerated. The attacks did not start from the Israeli side, but from Hezbollah's side." Prime Minister Stephen Harper(of Canada) said “Israel has the right to defend itself,” adding “I think Israel's response under the circumstances has been measured.” Regarding resolution to the conflict he stated “It's essential that Hezbollah and Hamas release their Israeli prisoners and any countries in that area that have influence on these organizations should encourage an end to violence and recognize and encourage the recognition of Israel's right to exist.”Lets not forget Great Britain, Australia and the USA (the least condemning countries), the countries who said israel has a right to defend herself just do it more proportionatly and of course the many many countries that did not take sides but rather said "lets just reach a ceasfire"

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_reactions_to_the_2006_Israel-Lebanon_conflict)

Iran is not highly looked upon, nor is Saudi Arabia or any other arab states. Iraq and Afghanistan are instable but the USA are responsible for those two countries.
How can you say Saudi Arabia isnt looked highly upon within the region?? what basis do you have. as for iran it clearly does not deter them from voicing their opinion or providing terrorist organisations with millions of dollars each year in the effort to spread islam and take over the land they call palestine, away from the jews.

The Area of Palestine has historical importance to jews, muslims and christians. And Israel is occupying this area and it is their responsibility to ensure that the region is stable.
stability is an amazing word thown around a lot but when youve seen first hand the efforts needed to try and maintain not what i would call stability but rather what i would call safety, you would realise the task at hand and understand the true meaning of what youre saying.
israel has firstly a responsibility to its people and then to the region. at the moment all its efforts are being channelled towards its people.

UN laws are a load of B.S in my opinion but here are a few articles listing countries such as the US, china, yugoslavia, sweden as some countries who have violated human rights (ie some UN 'laws')
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EPF/is_18_98/ai_53877395/pg_1
http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics/Kosovo/Law.asp
http://hrw.org/english/docs/2005/05/20/sweden10991.htm

the list goes on

Torture, use of cluster bombs, the way the treat arabs in Israel , Prisoners, the Mossad!.
hmm couldve guessed youd bring up torture, follow amnesty international or some other left wing ant israel LYING organisation. in 1999 the supreme court in israel agreed that any method of torture is prohibited by israeli officers in either gaining a confession by criminals or even to prevent an imminent terrorist attack from occuring. the court aknowledged that israel is under constant threat and these methods would save lives but even minute measures of torture will not be accepted, in fact it is illegal. this is very different to countries like the US, Brazil and many many other countries who have much less stricter torture laws in place. i could provide tons of examples here if you still fail to see this.

how can you question the mossad..each country has its own undercover intellgience agency, israel's just needs to be ahead of the game - and they are.

HOw different is ISrael from a terrorist organisation?? They both have extreme views, they both use terror as a weapon to achieve their goals.
what extreme views?? the government currently in place can neither be considered left or right wing?? the likkud party was created by ariel sharon with more centralist views!! how is that extreme??

terror as a weapon?? i sure as hell dont see any israeli soldiers blowing themselves up in the name of G-d..

How is the UN biased?
even the most left wing person could tell you that!

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
jenzipoo said:
first of all what democracy are you seeing? because there is no way Hamas won the last election democratically. the sentiment on the streets and amongst the majority of the population was too weary of the terrorist organisation forming a government to have caused the win.

Please dont post your BS on this forum and try to pass it as fact.

"Sentiment on the street"?, We dont dont buy your crap

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
JayB said:

It wouldve been alot more if the U.S didnt abuse their veto power too.

You're trying to discredit the U.N (like anyone gives a shit), but what you've done is discredit Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)