undergraduate medicine (1 Viewer)

mike12345678

HSC
hey guys,

im currently studying the bachelor of medical science at Sydney(first year), and I am going to apply for undergraduate medicine at UWS and UNSW. Do I have to re register with UAC once again and apply?

lawstu

HSC
hey guys,

im currently studying the bachelor of medical science at Sydney(first year), and I am going to apply for undergraduate medicine at UWS and UNSW. Do I have to re register with UAC once again and apply?
Suppose no one answers you, what do you do then?

Yes, you apply via UAC.

However, to save you grief, maybe you shouldn't consider UNSW. The admission criteria for those that transfer in appears very much out of reach for most (not being harsh, but their website makes it abundantly clear that you have to have game in your ATAR and your uni marks). Perhaps you should consider transferring into the Bachelor of Medical Science at UNSW, then try the lateral-entry pathway.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Suppose no one answers you, what do you do then?

Yes, you apply via UAC.

However, to save you grief, maybe you shouldn't consider UNSW. The admission criteria for those that transfer in appears very much out of reach for most (not being harsh, but their website makes it abundantly clear that you have to have game in your ATAR and your uni marks). Perhaps you should consider transferring into the Bachelor of Medical Science at UNSW, then try the lateral-entry pathway.
I know people that went MedSc first year to first year med at UNSW this year.
Lol

Also, BMedChem and BE too

lawstu

HSC
I know people that went MedSc first year to first year med at UNSW this year.
Lol

Also, BMedChem and BE too
?

This calls for speculation, but do you think the OP realises the difficulty of being successfully admitted to the UNSW programme after having started a year of university?

The requirements stipulated by the medical school aren't unattainable, and the difficulty isn't insurmountable, but they aren't within reach for everyone (a relatively high ATAR and solid university performance).

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
?

This calls for speculation, but do you think the OP realises the difficulty of being successfully admitted to the UNSW programme after having started a year of university?

The requirements stipulated by the medical school aren't unattainable, and the difficulty isn't insurmountable, but they aren't within reach for everyone (a relatively high ATAR and solid university performance).
He should still apply though.

You don't know if you don't try.

lawstu

HSC
Suppose so if the OP is, in the OP's estimation, within a reasonable definition of competitive.

UNSW makes it clear that, if one's ATAR is less than 92, the candidate cannot possibly be sufficiently, or even adequately, competitive. Further, it suggests that, in order to maintain the ATAR of 98, a candidate must attain a mix of Ds and HDs.

UNSW's mean and median requirements for the (then) MBBS are high enough, but I can't possibly imagine someone doing that well and not being admitted but for being cut down by the interview.

I concur, or concede, that the one never knows the outcome of something such as this till it's done, though.

Medman

HSC
Btw even with a high GPA it converts to a crappy ATAR score. So you'll already be at a disadvantage if your ATAR was significantly high i.e above 98.5+. You pretty much need to have an insanely high UMAT or smash your interview (like totally ace it) to stand a chance of getting into UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)