Underrated Films (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I don't think they were suggesting it was bad, just that people in general don't "get" me and my tastes in anything

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I believe Joe Vs. The Volcano was underrated. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan were awesome, and it had some damn funny moments.

colosus

HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
I don't think they were suggesting it was bad, just that people in general don't "get" me and my tastes in anything
same here. most people like i said in a different thread have become to use to te typical hollywood film to know any better,they have become to caught up in the jerry bruckheimer era to know any better.

Huss

HSC
N/A
remember the titans and road to perdition are some good movies that i think are underated

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by Huss
remember the titans and road to perdition are some good movies that i think are underated
Yep definitely.. had a great time watching both of those movies!

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
The Craic- with jimeon, it wasnt a great movie but it was enjoyable
Also a lot of Bill Murray films eg What a Bob ( again not that good a movie but funny enough) and things like caddyshack that he's in

HSC
Originally posted by Farnarcle
Forest Gump.

That is all.
Well clearly its underrated considering it was a critical and commercial sucess in addition to winning "Best Picture"...

Underrated movies:
Back to the Future II and III (even though the first is the best)
Addams Family I and II (no one seems to like these two)
Contact
Fargo
Citizen Kane (amongst teenagers)
Requiem for a Dream
Amadeus
etc.

oh and...

THE PIANIST!!!
that was one of my favourites this year, and of all time...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker
THE PIANIST!!!
that was one of my favourites this year, and of all time...
Yay...you have good taste, my friend

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Oh, and another one that came to mind before was Labyrinth. I practically grew up watching that one

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i reckon donnie darkos pretty underrated. also with back to the future, the second ones definately underrated. so many poeple didnt like it compared to the others.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
The Pianist. I don't know anyone else who has actually seen it
it's a beautiful film

Originally posted by crazyhobo
I actually didn't like Being John Malkovich, but Adaptation, another Jonze movie, was fantastic.

And with The Pianist, I must be the only person who thought that was one of the most uplifting and optimistic movies ever. Everyone else I know whose seen it thought it was such as sad movie.
yeah id dint lyk BJM...but adaptations was great..
Originally posted by Huss
they are more hollywood mainstream underated type.. but nonetheless remember the titans was good..

anione here seen Anna Karenina? based on the novel writen by Leo Tolstoy.. luv that..

and requiem for a dream is just excellent..luv the website...its v much *out there*

http://www.requiemforadream.com/

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

HSC
*Donny Darko
*Requeim for a Dream
*Contact

are all brilliant movies.

Anyone heard 'What's up Tiger Lily?' it is pretty old. Apparently Woody Allen bought this japanese movie for $64 000, dubbed it in english (the english does not relate to what is actually said in japanese). I found it really hilarious. So yeah watch it sometime people.

Also anyone heard of Shaolin Soccer? That's fantastic too. I think it is coming out in Australia soon.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Night and Day, a movie made in 1946 with actors Cary Grant and Alexis Smith. I saw it on TCM the other night and fell in love with it. It's not one of Grant's most known work, but I loved it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)