Understanding the topic for a discussion writing _ Need help please (1 Viewer)

bluesky08

HSC
Hi all. I have an essay topic: Something good can come out of a crisis. A crisis can bring about a real change and help us re-evaluate our humanity". Discuss. I wonder if we could take the Covid -19 as a specific context to write about or we have to stick with the general idea of the topic only? Many thanks.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I think that you should probably not make COVID-19 the main focus of your essay as that could probably go against what the question is asking. Instead, you could perhaps mention COVID-19 as an example of a crisis that has brought about a real change and thus helped us re-evaluate our humanity to support your analysis, which should contain the reasons for which a crisis does/doesn't trigger real/significant changes that can be considered good, as well as their explanations/justifications. Since this is a "discuss" question, you are normally able to discuss either positive aspects or negative aspects of the issue raised in the question.

You should also check with your teacher just to be safe.

I hope this helps! :D

bluesky08

HSC
I think that you should probably not make COVID-19 the main focus of your essay as that could probably go against what the question is asking. Instead, you could perhaps mention COVID-19 as an example of a crisis that has brought about a real change and thus helped us re-evaluate our humanity to support your analysis, which should contain the reasons for which a crisis does/doesn't trigger real/significant changes that can be considered good, as well as their explanations/justifications. Since this is a "discuss" question, you are normally able to discuss either positive aspects or negative aspects of the issue raised in the question.

You should also check with your teacher just to be safe.

I hope this helps! :D
Thanks for the idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)