UNE vs other unis (1 Viewer)

Sammmmmuel

I am doing a degree at UNSW atm. But i wanna get away from sydney and am thinking about going to UNE as it seems like a nice, quiet area.

I have been told that it will be much harder to get a job after graduating at une than other unis. How true is this?

I am thinking about law/eco at une.

Please let me know of any opinions or feelings on this matter.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Heh, I'm the reverse... I'm at UNE and wanna transfer to a Sydney uni.
It's definitely a quiet area, there's not much to do there really, which seems to be why drinking is such a popular pasttime.
I dunno if it will be harder to get a job or not... probably.
Are you able to just transfer for a yr or something, then transfer back to UNSW? Cos that way you still get the experience, but also a respectable degree.

Ashleet

HSC
on the job prospects, unis in sydney are more prestigious, but most une graduates have no prob finding jobs in the places they want, but if you're worried just need to make the right connections

law/econ has some really good lecturers so its a prety good course to do, but very demanding.

overall casue you'd prob live on campus its more social and more of a little city in itself, so its cool

amekalz

I am in my second year at UNE and i totally love it I really believe that you meet the most interesting people here from every walk of life. After talking to my friends in sydney, it seems that city universities miss out on a lot of the environment which is avaliable here - The classes are smaller, so there is much more teacher/student interaction and there is also strong sense of community amongst all the people associated with the university. UNE is also one of the best universities in the country to do a teaching degree at (which is what i'm doing).
Fully recommend giving this uni a go!

-Kalz

T

trace|element

a piece of paper is a piece of paper however you spin dovtor it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)