Uni Course (1 Viewer)

kevo7vo

HSC
Hey I am in year 11 atm and i want to become a stock broker. What course should i do at uni?
-gen maths
-eco
-Re 2u
-S Eng
-Legal
-ancient

turntaker

HSC
Hey I am in year 11 atm and i want to become a stock broker. What course should i do at uni?
-gen maths
-eco
-Re 2u
-S Eng
-Legal
-ancient
Did you watch Wolf of Wall Street lol.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
-gen maths
-eco
-Re 2u
-S Eng
-Legal
-ancient
You don't need to go to university for stock broking,however alot of firms involved with stock-broking are starting to desire one. Bachelor of Commerce with finance major would be ideal

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I'd do a math based degree, adv math, adv sci or engo although i wouldn't recommend this if you're doing general maths.

You really need to identify why you want to be a trader, a strength and passion for maths would be recommended if you were to venture into that area

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

kevo7vo

HSC
Thanks!
Yeah i did watch the Wolf Of Wall Street!
Um i kinda slacked off a bit in yr 10, so the teacher kinda told me not to move up from general and said im not smart enough hahaha. However im going pretty well in general so yeah

D94

HSC
N/A
I know someone who did Chemical Engineering, then briefly worked as a stock broker.

Something maths or commerce based - maybe something that you could see yourself work in if stockbroking doesn't work out.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
I somewhat agree with Drifting95. You really need to assess whether stockbroking is right for you as it may involve first a certain competency in maths but also a passion for maths depending on where you want to go.

The other aspect not mentioned yet, is a strong communication skill set as stockbroking is not about the inputs of the trade anymore where the industry is going. All of that would mostly be automated. You will need to provide customer satisfaction and service to clients to show value and why they should not take up their money elsewhere.

Some traders stay in that area, and some move towards investment banking, business development or financial planning. Think beyond just stockbroking if you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)