Uni courses: Commerce or international studies. help? (1 Viewer)

school4nerds

HSC
Hi,

I'm not sure what i want to do in uni but at the moment im looking at commerce, commerce/science (advanced maths) and international studies. What would be career opportunities out of those courses. And what do you guys think of these courses? Are they good or? Theres not much time until i have to submit my uac and i have no idea.

medicore

HSC
Commerce/International Studies. Has good job prospects, I've heard.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Comm/Maths has the best job prospects of all of those.

school4nerds

HSC
thanks for your inputs. ahh this is difficult. what type of jobs am i looking at if any of courses were chosen?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well it depends what you want to pursue.

If you take Comm/Maths, where do you want a job? Do you want to pursue whatever your Commerce major is? Or whatever your Maths major is?

school4nerds

HSC
Well it depends what you want to pursue.

If you take Comm/Maths, where do you want a job? Do you want to pursue whatever your Commerce major is? Or whatever your Maths major is?
i think im slightly more of a maths person. what about a bit of both?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i think im slightly more of a maths person. what about a bit of both?
Yeah you can do that. Finance, business, data mining, data analytics, etc.

Lots of things.

Maths leads to a lot of jobs considering that it's more of an overall skill, or way of thinking. I don't think I'll be solving DEs with the Frobenius method for example, in my future work - whatever that is. But I would have learned to think logically, and clearly - and shown an aptitude that I'm not afraid of numbers.

Because let's face it, when you talk to a lot of people about maths - one of the first things they'll probably say is: "Oh maths, I don't like it" or "Maths? I hated maths at school..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)