Uni courses- Help! (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
In years 9 and 10, I thought i definitely wanted a career in science, but as soon as I entered senior school this changed. Now, I am somewhat interested in Business studies, and French (I do both of these subs at school). I have been researching uni courses, and have come across a few that seemed interesting:

B Comm/Laws
B comm (international) - UNSW
B comm (liberal studies) USyd

I think I want to go into commerce in the future, but I am not sure which branch of commerce would be right for me. I am considering finance, but I do not do eco, and I am not sure if it would be boring/really difficult...There is also an 'International business' Major at UNSW, which seems quite interesting....

Also, I wouldn't mind being a teacher, but I do not want to do a B Education at uni..

Could anyone please advise on commerce related jobs, particularly those involving finance

Thanks!!

eat_well

HSC
From what I've heard, commerce at UNSW is better. I don't know many jobs involving finance apart from being an accountant. Finance is a really essential part in business(we should both know that by now :p) so maybe you could combine that with your interest in French and open up a business in the future? I think you should go for international business at UNSW because you have a genuine interest for this. It must be remembered that a lot of people don't end up doing a job that they initially planned for. You could study commerce and have a complete change in heart after 2 years. This degree you get doesn't determine your future so remember to keep your options open and not to stress out.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you want to be a teacher, you'll need to do a Diploma of Education - at least.

But for these, if you do Commerce - you'll do subjects from a variety of fields so you can figure out which parts of Commerce you like.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Whats wrong with B education?

Here's a few career options UNSW lists that are possible with a finance major:
Investment banking, merchant banking and corporate finance
Investment management
Stock broking (equity securities analysts)
Credit analyst (equities and debt)
Retail and Wholesale Banking
Financial management
Treasury
Securities trading (Foreign exchange, commodities, derivatives, debt and equity markets)
Superannuation
Custodian services
Financial planning
Consulting (Investment consulting or Management consulting)
Insurance
Government regulation

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
In years 9 and 10, I thought i definitely wanted a career in science, but as soon as I entered senior school this changed. Now, I am somewhat interested in Business studies, and French (I do both of these subs at school). I have been researching uni courses, and have come across a few that seemed interesting:

B Comm/Laws
B comm (international) - UNSW
B comm (liberal studies) USyd

I think I want to go into commerce in the future, but I am not sure which branch of commerce would be right for me. I am considering finance, but I do not do eco, and I am not sure if it would be boring/really difficult...There is also an 'International business' Major at UNSW, which seems quite interesting....

Also, I wouldn't mind being a teacher, but I do not want to do a B Education at uni..

Could anyone please advise on commerce related jobs, particularly those involving finance

Thanks!!
You don't really need to know economics to do finance.

Meshy590

HSC
Whats wrong with B education?

Nah, nothing wrong with it, I just wanna do a comm degree more than I want to do an education degree, as thats what I am more interested in atm

Meshy590

HSC
Thanks for the advice guys.

Does anyone know anything about B commerce (liberal studies) at Usyd?? It looks pretty good: gives me the opportunity to study up to 3 majors in a variety of areas (inc. French). So I'm thinking: International Bs, French, Finance... This degree looks better than Commerce (International) at UNSW

Meshy590

HSC
Thanks for the advice guys.

Does anyone know anything about B commerce (liberal studies) at Usyd?? It looks pretty good: gives me the opportunity to study up to 3 majors in a variety of areas (inc. French). So I'm thinking: International Bs, French, Finance... This degree looks better than Commerce (International) at UNSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)