UNI GYM~ your thoughts (1 Viewer)

sudzgoa

HSC
N/A
Hey I just noticed this thread and i had already just started a new thread.

Anyone wants to join the gym with me...It's one month free if you sign up together with another student for four months. I think it also works the same for direct debits for more than three months. I think im going to go with the direct debit deal.

irnirn

HSC
I also would like to join the gym, send me a pm if you want to join together and get 1 month free.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Anyone wanna go gym with me on every Wednesday between 12pm to 330pm?

rajputsingh

HSC
Joined the gym today. It is pretty good the cardio section is fantastic! Does anyone know how much it costs to hire out raquets for squash if you are a member? Also, can you hire a basketball for the hall?

BreezerD

HSC
The gym looked good for cardio but the weights section (the only bit I'd use) looked a bit iffy...

irnirn

HSC
I joined yesterday too. haven't checked in yet. good to hear the cardio section is good since thats where I'll be most of the time to lose those extra kilos :D

budi tan

HSC
uni gym is okay. some of the equipments have rusted, and even squeaky (the biceps trainer). it's very cheap in comparison to other gyms around the area i.e fitness first, titan fitness. it's like half of their price.you can find the list of prices and the kind of memberships from the website.

Sports UNSW Membership Prices

just be aware when you use the locker it takes sometime to lock it, some patience required.

*hopeful*

HSC
the classes offered are really good too
overall fantastic value for the price

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
uni gym is okay. some of the equipments have rusted, and even squeaky (the biceps trainer). it's very cheap in comparison to other gyms around the area i.e fitness first, titan fitness. it's like half of their price.you can find the list of prices and the kind of memberships from the website.

Sports UNSW Membership Prices

just be aware when you use the locker it takes sometime to lock it, some patience required.
I'll let you go this time, but you do realise that we're talking about the MACQUARIE gym here, seeing as this is in the MACQUARIE section :)

budi tan

HSC
I'll let you go this time, but you do realise that we're talking about the MACQUARIE gym here, seeing as this is in the MACQUARIE section :)
* doing awkward turtle dance* apologise for not reading the entire topic in the first place :shy:

irnirn

HSC
very good gym actuyally for the price you pay it is excellent value for money and I still haven't joined any of the group activities. anybody knows if you have to pay extra to take these classes like "Fatburner" "Bodypump" etc?

russs

yeeeee
HSC
very good gym actuyally for the price you pay it is excellent value for money and I still haven't joined any of the group activities. anybody knows if you have to pay extra to take these classes like "Fatburner" "Bodypump" etc?
No, you just pay with your dignity.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
honestly... I have never tried it but considered it before... I think it may be a tad late for it now.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
honestly... I have never tried it but considered it before... I think it may be a tad late for it now.

yeah considering it is a novice program, you'd be better off with something else.

just wanted some advice though, considering Cannibal isn't here anymore.

How many times a week or fortnight do you deadlift?

From your experience, would you recommend dlifting 3 times a week?

russs

yeeeee
HSC
yeah considering it is a novice program, you'd be better off with something else.

just wanted some advice though, considering Cannibal isn't here anymore.

How many times a week or fortnight do you deadlift?

From your experience, would you recommend dlifting 3 times a week?
I deadlift fortnightly: I alternate good mornings and deads every week, it seems to work better for me. If I deadlift every week I start to over-train and progress goes backwards.

3 times a week is way too much, even for someone just starting off. You'l burn out.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
I deadlift fortnightly: I alternate good mornings and deads every week, it seems to work better for me. If I deadlift every week I start to over-train and progress goes backwards.

3 times a week is way too much, even for someone just starting off. You'l burn out.
ahk..i was thinking of replacing rows with more deads.

I'm looking for something to replace rows, i'm not too fond of them...

or maybe i should just suck it up and keep going to perfect my form. (i don't mind doing them i'm just afraid of hurting my back).

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
and what's your routine out of curiousity?

(btw i'm not one of those people who just asks everyone for their routine and attempts to copy it, i know that everyone is different etc)

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Goes something like this:

Day #1

Squat... approach 3x5, then 1x3, then 1x1, 1x1, 1x1 until failure.
Box Squat: 3x3 with parallel or slightly above box.
Leg Press: 3x8
Calf Raises: 3x20
GHR: 3x8

Day #2

[ DL... 1x5, 1x5, 1x5... approach a max of 1x5 then 1x1, 1x1 until failure, Then 3x5 deficit DL] OR every 2nd week [ GM: 1x8, 1x8, 1x8... approach a 1x5, Then concentric GM's 3x8]

One-Arm Rows: 3x8 each arm
Pulldowns: 3x8
One-Hand Deadlifts with olympic bar+weights (I do about 70kg): 3x8 each arm
T-Bar Rows or Bent-over-rows: 3x8

Day #3
[ Bench: 1x5,1x5,1x5... approach a max of a 1x5 then 1x1 maybe. I am not a big bencher (long arms) so I don't go too heavy here ].

[3x8 DB Bench Press] OR every 2nd week [3x8 DB Shoulder Press]
Kroc Rows: 3x20 each arm.
Military Press: 3x8
Biceps Curls, French Presses... 3x8
Dips: 3x8
Tricep Pushdowns.... 3x8

That's pretty much it. Sometimes I throw in extra curls or triceps work on non-arm days. I use a belt only for heaviest 1x1 sets.

Here are some clips for various stuff:

Box Squat
YouTube - METAL Gym Training, Ano Turtiainen, Box squat with chains

Concentric GM's
YouTube - Powerlifting, 485 lb. concentric GM max effort

GM's
YouTube - Good Mornings

Cheers

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)