UNI Help (1 Viewer)

The Fool

HSC
Does anyone know who i could contact about my uni degree, i want to do a major mechatronics with major physics and minor computer science, is that possible? Im a bit lost on want subject i need for next semster. Is it possible to do 5 course/subject a semster? Who can i contact(prefer email). Im doing a MMAN engineering a witha science degree. and dose anyone knoif the printing in the cse lab is free or not?

And also i just realise that u hav a internet quota for cse computers. What happens if ur quota runs out and is there a sercet place to download stuff that u like :D

Last edited by a moderator:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
You should contact someone at the Faculty of Engineering (http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/) or School of Computer Science (http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/) about your degree. They should be able to point you in the right direction regarding subject choices.

It is possible to do five subjects a semester. Depending on the work load of those subjects you may have to request (from the head of school) to overload. A standard work load is 24 units of credit (subjects are generally 3 or 6 uoc each), and any more is considered overloading.

You are allocated print quota depending on how many CSE subjects you are studying. Your base allocation is 100 pages for being enrolled in a CSE program (eg. Computer Science) and 150 pages for each CSE course you are enrolled in (eg. Comp 1711)

You are allocated IP quota the same way: base 200MB for a CSE student + 50MB per CSE subject enrolled.

As far as 'secret places' to download stuff.. nope. You can access anything from the unsw.edu.au domain free of IP quota charge; it only applies for external domains.

Illegal downloads (pirated music/movies etc) cannot be downloaded on your CSE account.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
The Fool said:
Does anyone know who i could contact about my uni degree, i want to do a major mechatronics with major physics and minor computer science, is that possible? Im a bit lost on want subject i need for next semster. Is it possible to do 5 course/subject a semster? Who can i contact(prefer email). Im doing a MMAN engineering a witha science degree.
If you want to email someone about it, please remember to include your full name, student number. Also, email them from your student email account. State your program number and program name; and inform them of your major/minor choices. Then ask them clearly what subjects are required, for next semester.

For the best reply, I suggest you look at the Online handbook at www.handbook.unsw.edu.au and read through that. Then 'pick' the courses; and ask them if it is okay.

I find that a lot of people ask "what subject(s) should I do?" And it can be frustrating because we cannot recommend any subject(s) if you have not told us the major/minor. Also, we cannot say "do this subject"; especially if it would be counted as an elective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)