Uni - how long do you study per day (1 Viewer)

hungry

HSC
I'm just curious to know how many hours per day the average uni student might study? (NOT including time during lectures, tutorials etc) basically outside of uni/at home study. Also, I know these don't always correlate, but what are your average marks? (pass, credit average etc). Do you think if a student puts in a lot of time, they can expect to get good marks, at least in most cases? And even then, what would you consider as 'a lot of time'?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
ADV Nursing (Need a GPA of 6)

I'm pulling 2-3 hours a day, inclusive of assessments.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
if no assignments like 3-4hrs a week, with assignments/upcoming tests more like 2hr/day D avg

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
different for everyone

for me 2hrs/day
cos the load is light right now

hungry

HSC
So far it seems like people don't study too much? I've been doing work/study the majority of the day. Well I'm at uni 5 days a week anyway, so on weekdays I try to get in at least like 2 - 4 hours after uni (depends how much stuff I had on). On weekends it's usually all day on and off, like today I think I got in around 5 - 7 hours, something around that. I just know I've been studying since morning with breaks and I still am doing some things at the moment. Do you think I can get a credit average across my units if I keep this up? I know math will drag me down, I will be lucky to pass. But the other subjects I'm hoping to get at least a distinction and 2 credits to hopefully pull it up to credit average.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
So far it seems like people don't study too much? I've been doing work/study the majority of the day. Well I'm at uni 5 days a week anyway, so on weekdays I try to get in at least like 2 - 4 hours after uni (depends how much stuff I had on). On weekends it's usually all day on and off, like today I think I got in around 5 - 7 hours, something around that. I just know I've been studying since morning with breaks and I still am doing some things at the moment. Do you think I can get a credit average across my units if I keep this up? I know math will drag me down, I will be lucky to pass. But the other subjects I'm hoping to get at least a distinction and 2 credits to hopefully pull it up to credit average.
5-7 hours holy shit.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
ur gonna burnout

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I find that the less time I have to study, the more productive I am in studying (obviously to a certain point).

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Depends. I don't do much during most weekdays but I go balls deep in work on the weekends when I fall behind, sometimes pulling two 8-12 hour days.

Other times I'll just do 1-3 hours a night or I'll just do nothing.

Just do whatever you think is required. The amount of hours you study is just an arbitrary number that's not fully indicative of your understanding of a topic.

hungry

HSC
Well honestly I'll probably get lazy and end up doing a lot less. At the moment I'm just kinda fuelled by anxiety (from just starting and also not wanting to fail) but it might wear off. Though I do want to keep it up. I need a credit average and math will drag me down so I'm nervous about that.

iStudent

HSC
Still a first year, but atm 2-3 hours. (now, note - I have days which spans from 9 am to 5 pm).

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
If you don't get a HD, or at least 80 plus, average i will be surprised. Assuming this is a science degree?

If maths is weak point, find some friends who are guns in maths and make them explain things to you!

Verify

HSC
holy shit everyone is study so much already. i haven't done jack shit since uni started

Confound

HSC
I try 10 hours week. This is basically just assignments and homework and reading notes briefly to ensure I understand

but 12-16 hrs a day during exam period (Is what is projected). Just going through practice questions only. This is to ensure I maintain the wam needed to stay at my job lol. I heard unsw exams are harder than mq, so that is what I assume would be expected to keep the same wam that I had in mq

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)