Uni ID's and societies (1 Viewer)

Shaybay92

HSC
Just 2 questions.... if we are already students at ANU do we just get a reprint of a new ID or do we have to get new photos taken etc? Where can we get this done?

Also, if we were part of societies in '10 do we have to rejoin/pay membership again this year? (I would assume so, but no one really made it clear..)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
you have to go to the students Administation building (next to melville). Basically, they have the right to charge you for "lost" ids. they take a photo there too. o-week is a bitch to get IDs btw.
Can I just rock up before O Week and get my card done - before I even enrol?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
you have to go to the students Administation building (next to melville). Basically, they have the right to charge you for "lost" ids. they take a photo there too. o-week is a bitch to get IDs btw.
They do revalidations in Manning Clark during the first few weeks. You don't get a new card if you revalidate, just new stickers to change the expiry dates.

The only thing that i've ever known to be 'lifetime" is coop bookstore membership. Btw borrow your friends card, dont bother joining up.
The Book Depository. Enough said.

Can I just rock up before O Week and get my card done - before I even enrol?
I'm fairly sure you can't. It would stuff their enrolment procedures up somewhat.

ajdlinux

HSC
Which invariably they won't. :p IIRC Laurus Wing has magstripe cards but they haven't linked it with the ANU Security system yet?

AussiePiranha

HSC
yeah - no enrollment = no id number = they can't print the id on the card.
We've got id numbers already. SL, maybe you could try & enrol with the internationals on the week before oweek (next week - already? gosh!)...?

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
SL, maybe you could try & enrol with the internationals on the week before oweek (next week - already? gosh!)...?
Nah mate I went into centrelink and they gave me a consession bus pass so I don't care - I'm just fookn bored now

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
you could always do the touristy things....

- war memorial
- questacon
- art gallery
- national archives
- film and sound archives
- if youve got a car - tidbinbilla nature reserve.

tidbinbilla tracking station was pretty fail last time i was there.

If you havent already done so, get proof of residency and then transfer you drivers license over here. If you've had Ps for 6 months - you can do a "p-off" course (5hrs) and you dont need to have p plates any more. Also - no speed restrictions on Ps in ACT (for act license holders). Oh and rego is cheaper.
Haven't bothered getting my lisence.
Haven't got a residency.
Sposed to wait for my gf to come over (few weeks) to do the touristy shit - might go for a hike later.

ajdlinux

HSC
Definitely worth going for your licence, although Ls are quite pricey in Canberra as you have to attend the two-day Road Ready course ($155) + the licence itself ($45.50).

I don't have a car and don't plan on getting one, but I'm still going for my Ps this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)