Uni interviews and piercings (1 Viewer)

XPIOTOS

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Like people said, I would hold off the piercing until after the interview just because of the first impression. Once you're in college no one cares, hell, they probably wouldn't care in the interview but you might as well hold off just in case. It isn't life or death. I'm at Trinity and my friend had an eyebrow ring and now has a lip ring, no one gives a crap. Well, we made fun of her for a bit because she kept getting hurt when she was drinking, but other than that, jack all.

Good luck, I know a couple of people at Queen's and it seems pretty nice.

Mm thanks. Yeah I think I'm going to wait.

I'm actually really excited about it. I've wanted to go to Queen's for as long as I can remember, ever since I was really young, so to be (potentially) only a few months away is very exciting. And I guess because of that anything that would help me get there (or avoiding anything that would prevent me from getting there) is the best way to go.

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
no stress mate
i got my twins pierced and i'm pretty shure the lady loved it ;)
whip 'em out, y0

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
XPIOTOS said:
I can't have piercings at my school (they're really strict on uniform), but I plan on getting a couple of piercings - lip and eyebrow - after I graduate. I'm going to apply to live at Queen's as long as I get into Melbourne, but I'm worried that having metal in my face would count against me at the interview. Do they mind piercings like that? Are they less likely to accept me if I do? As much as I want to get them, I would definitely go without if it meant my chances of getting in would be better.

I'm also hoping to study biomed. Firstly does anyone know if there's an interview for that, and would they want me to take any piercings out for that?

Anybody know?
I went to Queen's for 2 years.
It depends who you get for your interview if you want me to brutally honest. They won't prejudice against for having piercings, they couldn't give a poop, but you've got to realise that it's one of the hardest colleges to get into so you'll be wanting to create a very good image in your interview. In my 2nd year, there were about 350 applicants that put Queen's as their first preference and we only took 90.
Be absolutely sure on which college you want to go to. Tour ALL of them. Even if it is a donut shape (Whitley)...because in the end, it's a lot of money for a bit of accommodation. They tend to take more country/interstate students over local Melbournites. Also, your UAI/ENTER does matter. Unless you have had special circumstances, they rarely take students below 90 and you'll find that most kids got over 96. You should've demonstrated that you've participated in extra-curricular activities.
If you fail a subject twice, you're kicked out. If you fail more than one subject in a semester you may be kicked out. If you do shit bloke things (drugs, crime, stealing), you'll get kicked out.

It's a great college, has a few problems but every college does. The food is crap. I won't hide that fact. BUT. The atmosphere is amazing, the activities are even better. We're some of the best sportspeople on the crescent and our annual production rocks. There is SOOO much to get involved in and the more you do the more you get out of it. You make friends for life and even when you've left, you're still able to be involved. I'll never take back those 2 years.

If you've got anymore questions, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm harrrdly ever on here but yeah. I'll reply.

Evilo

HSC
cute.asa.button said:
honestly, no one cares about stuff like at uni :)
thats once you're at uni.

I'd just wait until after you have had the interview. It's one less thing you dont have to worry about during the interview.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)