Uni Marks (1 Viewer)

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Just a quick question, if you fail a unit and redo it again and pass is the failed unit counted in your GPA and degree average or is it discounted and the second attempt counted only.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Yeah does suck was afraid someone was going to say it all counts.

ballin

Banned
HSC
on the topic of uni marks, will our marks get scaled at the completion of each unit of study? or will this depend on the subject?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
ballin said:
on the topic of uni marks, will our marks get scaled at the completion of each unit of study? or will this depend on the subject?
yes, all units have marks scaled or whatever the technical term is to conform to academic board requirements.

Libbster

HSC
no all subjects don't get scaled. eg first yr physics and chem

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Libbster said:
no all subjects don't get scaled. eg first yr physics and chem
i stand corrected. but nonetheless i'm reasonably sure that there's an academic board policy mandating scaling at some level. not that i can be bothered looking it up.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
there is a policy, but this policy is often not followed.

Lawl

HSC
to my knowledge everythings scaled. I've heard that theres a certain amount of people that can get for example a distinction. =[

aff, just when you thought you're finished the the whole bell-curved HSC thing, it comes back to haunt you.

OH, i forgot and it also depends on your faculty. I've heard science follows the guidelines accordingly (very harshly) while others do not as strictly

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Lawl said:
to my knowledge everythings scaled. I've heard that theres a certain amount of people that can get for example a distinction. =[

aff, just when you thought you're finished the the whole bell-curved HSC thing, it comes back to haunt you.

OH, i forgot and it also depends on your faculty. I've heard science follows the guidelines accordingly (very harshly) while others do not as strictly
"everythings scaled"
"depends on your faculty"

lol, a bit of a contradiction

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
"everythings scaled"
"depends on your faculty"

lol, a bit of a contradiction
They could be implying that the extent to which scaling is carried out "depends on your faculty" but still, all faculties do scale ... Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)