Uni Overseas (1 Viewer)

steffo

steph
HSC
does anybody know anything about getting into universities or colleges in the US or UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter?
anyone with experience or know someone? i want to travel but may not want to postpone tertiary edu for a whole gap year.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
firstly, going to the uk or usa for university is an incredibly expensive thing to do. it'll cost you at least $25000 a year for tuition alone as an international student (
even if you have a british passport). as far as applying goes, you'll need to get in touch with the education sectors of the embassies to get all the information like deadlines, visas etc. but you'll have to apply directly to the university unlike in australia.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh nat i don't think steffo is looking to go on exchange....
or is she???

Cab31

HSC
to apply for the states u need to do ur SATs and then go about it from there

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Cab31 said:
to apply for the states u need to do ur SATs and then go about it from there
Actually that depends on the university, some use ACT's instead.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
natstar said:
im not talking about exchange. Some uni's have links to other countries or something or rather. I know UWS has a lot of Canadians
...what?
Where'd you get that idea you can transfer easier?
Do you have any info on it? Even if it's UWS info and not UNSW, i wouldn't mind a change......

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah i didn't know uni's had partnership transfers with international uni's... :confused:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
jay2000 said:
that seems to be just exchange stuff though
thought we're talking about actual transferring!
Yeah, I know. Its the only thing that I could find.

But it was more in relation to jlh's point about partnerships with overseas uni's.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
well nat mentioned uws has links to other uni's... i was assuming she meant you can trasnfer to them.. thats what i was asking about.. not really exchange...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
As far as I know (at Newcastle University anyway) you can only go on student exchanges to Universities in other countries to which your University has connections:(.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
jlh said:
well nat mentioned uws has links to other uni's... i was assuming she meant you can trasnfer to them.. thats what i was asking about.. not really exchange...
transfering to an overseas university is about 10 times harder than transfering within Australia. It's takes quite a lot of processing time and costs a small fortune. Also, I would imagine that it is quite hard to get credits for the units you've already done. But if you really want to do it, the first step is to contact the US consulate in Sydney.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)