Uni Possible? (1 Viewer)

bluesoleli

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm currently doing 12 units of subjects at school and those subjects include:
2 unit Mathematics, Standard english, physics, economics, earth & environmental science and biology. I do very well in my science feilds and pretty decent (around 80+ marks) in the field of mathematics and I guess pretty well in english (around 70-80+ marks) [ I was previously in advanced english but I was asked to move down.... my marks in advanced were about 55-60%]
I was told by some people today that my chances of getting into any form of uni is practically impossible because of the subjects that I am doing. I wasn't too happy when I heard that type of news. :uhoh:
I am determined to get into any form of uni in the field of environmental science which if I remember correctly requires a UAI of 65+ for I think Wollongong uni if I am not mistaken?
But then I kinda remembered that a trainee teacher at my school got into uni when she did only general maths and standard english.... she told me she got a UAI of 85 and that the key to that was to come first or second place in my classes (which I currently am for some courses.... usually im in the top 10 of my clases).
So my question is.... is it still possible for me to get into any form of uni? or have I screwed up completely by doing the subjects I do now? or is it still possible for me to get a UAI of 65 to 70+?

Thanks.

jellybelly59

HSC
bluesoleli said:
I'm currently doing 12 units of subjects at school and those subjects include:
2 unit Mathematics, Standard english, physics, economics, earth & environmental science and biology. I do very well in my science feilds and pretty decent (around 80+ marks) in the field of mathematics and I guess pretty well in english (around 70-80+ marks) [ I was previously in advanced english but I was asked to move down.... my marks in advanced were about 55-60%]
I was told by some people today that my chances of getting into any form of uni is practically impossible because of the subjects that I am doing. I wasn't too happy when I heard that type of news. :uhoh:
I am determined to get into any form of uni in the field of environmental science which if I remember correctly requires a UAI of 65+ for I think Wollongong uni if I am not mistaken?
But then I kinda remembered that a trainee teacher at my school got into uni when she did only general maths and standard english.... she told me she got a UAI of 85 and that the key to that was to come first or second place in my classes (which I currently am for some courses.... usually im in the top 10 of my clases).
So my question is.... is it still possible for me to get into any form of uni? or have I screwed up completely by doing the subjects I do now? or is it still possible for me to get a UAI of 65 to 70+?

Thanks.
Those people that told you this are SO wrong. You can get in to any uni with any combination of subjects as long as you do well in them.

bluesoleli

HSC
Uni Grad
jellybelly59 said:
Those people that told you this are SO wrong. You can get in to any uni with any combination of subjects as long as you do well in them.
Yeah, I was thinking that. But at least what you said assures me that I can get into a uni.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
bluesoleli said:

Thanks.
Your subjects with those marks can get you a uai of 65+, jsut concentrate on getting the best marks you can. I know people who have been accepted into uni with gen maths, std english and subjects like hospitality and drama. You want to do environmental science and you are doing science subjects which will help. Dont stress, whoever told you you wont get into uni should be shot! You can get in no matter what subjects you do, so long as you put in the effort and get the best marks you can.

Affinity

HSC
Probably won't get you into Law at Usyd.. but Uni shouldn't be a problem.
Your subjects are fine... high 90s are quite achievable with those subjects (provided one gets high band 6s for each subject)

Last edited:

ilwkh

HSC
of course you can. if you do well at your subjects than 100% yes you can go uni

tris123

HSC
bluesoleli said:
I was told by some people today that my chances of getting into any form of uni is practically impossible because of the subjects that I am doing.
hahhahaha stupidest thing i have ever heard.. you can get into uni doing any subjects UAI worthy. Just keep up ur marks up and you will easily get a uai of above 65

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
agreed with all previous answers. the person who told you that is an ignorant fool

not only is it highly possible (and probable) that you will get the marks..

there are MANY MANY MANY ways to get to uni other than beating the UAI cutoff. especially at wollongong, things like interviews and also UAI discounts for previous subjects and stuff can help you get in.

really i assure you there are many ways to get to where you want to go =]=]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)