Uni students - do you have a part-time job while studying at uni? (1 Viewer)

Do you have a job while studying at uni?

• Total voters

ohne

HSC
I am interested in finding out what percentage of people have jobs while studying at uni. This applies to people who work while uni is on - not just in the summer/holidays.

Please only vote if you are a uni student.

Riewe

HSC
I only have a casual job, where i can fix my hours in regard to my time at uni. Even though it's only a couple of days, it gives me enough money for travel/party etc throughout the semester. While in non-uni times, i'm working almost full-time and this is where the bulk of my money comes from, and this can sustain my budget throughout the semester as well.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i'm lucky enough not to have to work during uni, but i'm always on the lookout for some degree related work.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I dont have an offical part time job but I tutor for about 6 hours a week (nothing really compared to REAL part time jobs lol). The money is enough to cover transport and other niggly things I might need for uni from time to time.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I am only at uni all day on Monday, every other day I start late afternoon or evening so it's easy for me to work. My hours are really random too, just whenever I am avaliable and theres something for me to do.

Aussiechick

HSC
I have a job, its only casual, but I get about 20 hours a week. its not getting in the way of uni so far..

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I wouldn't mind having a job, then it'll distract me too much from my uni work. Plus, most of my spare time is dedicated to my studying.....

S

Shuter

I did, but I've chosen to quit it mainly because I don't like working, not time constraints.

Leap

free falling
HSC
I go to uni Monday to Thursday and usually work 20 hours over the weekend. It can get kinda busy towards the middle of semester, and at exam time but it worked out ok last semester. And its sort of relevent to the degree which is always good.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeh, uni mon to thurs (and holy~~~ quite packed 4 days ) and work on fri... tutor on sat + sun...

heard on radio that abt 90% do have part tiem job...

ohne

HSC
Ninety percent! We don't seem to be there yet in the poll. Surely the unemployment rate is higher than that.

^___^
HSC
hmm
yeah i have a part time job
coles night fill, so it doesn't get in uni time(unless i take night class so i can have days off)

HSC
i work one 5 hr shift at pizza haven a week as the manager which is good cos it aint stressfula and i can basically sit around for most of the time

i do 2-3 hrs of maths tutoring a week

just applied for a job and have an interview with sondexho, the catering company for telstra stadium so if i get the job that means some exra random shifts throughtout the year on a friday or saturday night

pushthebutton

The thing for me is that I could probably give up my job If I wanted to - parents would support me, no probs. But I think its valuable to have that work experience and that social experience (dealing with crazy customers and cranky supervisors) that comes with the job.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
ohne said:
I am interested in finding out what percentage of people have jobs while studying at uni. This applies to people who work while uni is on - not just in the summer/holidays.

Please only vote if you are a uni student.
I dont, but i want to get a job

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a part time job as a Shift Manager, while full-time uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)