uni, tafe..?? what path should i choose? any advice please (1 Viewer)

N1C0L3

HSC
hey
I am not really sure what to do after i leave school anymore..
i was originally planning on doing some sort of environmental/conservation course in Uni however, im not sure if ill get the correct UAI for it.

Anyway, the subject which i am going well in is Visual arts. In my trials i got 91% (45/50) and BOW internal assesment mark i got 46/50.

i really like art, its the only subject i am really good at but i dont know if its where i want to go when i leave school.
i have no idea if i am good enough to get into certain uni courses like Bachelor of Visual Arts based on the works i have done..i can only paint, im not very good at drawing as far as i know..
also i know there are sooo many talented art students out there who are good at art 'all round' like painting, drawing, photography etc... so theres alot of competition

I have only recently discovered my artistic abilities, i have progressed alot since year 11..
i don't want to discontinue painting, i love doing landscapes and wildlife i just dont know what to do with my talent after i leave school.. should i use it??? or go for the area in science-conservation/environmental science kind of stuff???

i have noo idea and i have to apply for uni before sept 28th,
any advice appreciated!!

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Alrighty I hate to be the bearer of bad news but someone needs a reality check.

ART WILL NOT GET YOU ANYWHERE IN LIFE. (Apart from working in a sleezy strip joint with old married man starring at your cunt while drooling.)

Anyway now that's out of the way, harden the fuck up, put your head down and study. That way you can actually get a decent UAI and get into a good course and get somewhere in life.

In conclusion, I assure you, you have no artistic talent. Go do something usefull with your life.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
ignore Raven3333, like he says, he's a jerk.
art is the best yo

my art teacher was talking about what she did and advising a really artistic friend of mine who dropped out of yr 12, a good idea would be to go to COFA at UNSW, i'd say do a visual arts degree there and combine it with something else. even if you don't get into the practical course (which i highly doubt) you'll get into the theory one with around 80 so that shouldn't be too hard. from there you can go into art teaching , administration etc etc
see if you can combine it with science or something as well and then you can have the best of both worlds, like a bachelor of science if that's what you need to do the enviro thing.
anyway best of luck! =D

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
Raven3333 said:

ART WILL NOT GET YOU ANYWHERE IN LIFE. (Apart from working in a sleezy strip joint with old married man starring at your cunt while drooling.)

Anyway now that's out of the way, harden the fuck up, put your head down and study. That way you can actually get a decent UAI and get into a good course and get somewhere in life.

In conclusion, I assure you, you have no artistic talent. Go do something usefull with your life.
Nice attempt at a troll. Unfortunately, the 'reality check' you are trying to confer upon the poor girl is not entirely grounded in fact, rendering any potential effect of what you had to say moribund.

When you want to troll a forum, make sure it is effective next time, champion.

~untitled~

HSC
Raven3333 said:

You seem like a perfect candidate for TAFE.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
~untitled~ said:
You seem like a perfect candidate for TAFE.
Thats what i thought as well, but then the UAI results came out and i thought to myself, "WOW i am really smart". THen someone told me the UAI is actually a comparison to the rest of the year and i thought to myself, "WOW i am really dumb but the majority of people are even dumber".

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
just apply for uni anyway :) !
if you actually get a UAI thats enough to get into your dream course , you wont have missed out on your chance to get into uni ! :p

good luck !

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
Raven3333 said:
Thats what i thought as well, but then the UAI results came out and i thought to myself, "WOW i am really smart". THen someone told me the UAI is actually a comparison to the rest of the year and i thought to myself, "WOW i am really dumb but the majority of people are even dumber".
So we can assume that you got >50.05.

Unlikely to be above 60 though, by the sounds.

N1C0L3

HSC
ok thanks for the replies! ive decided to scrap the art idea after thinking, ill jus apply for uni, try get the best uai possible n decide from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)