• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uni tommorow/ first day! (1 Viewer)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
I'm not a "new student" but I feel as if I am..

this holiday, though long enough to have "irreversible" memories, seemed to have past by so fast.. (not because it's too good but because it is almost over)

but then, aren't "new student"s usually excited..... about uni starting
well .. I'm not.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
I wish I was dead.
Yeah, I can always hope for a fatality crash down Mt Ousley on the way there, it'd actually make my day a little brighter.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
So uni is that bad hey..........i was excited a few months ago but as the days got closer i slowly started hating the fact that its gonna start.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
excited. but nervous.. as BMS101 pracs and tutes are full but i missed out.. and noone is returning phone calls or emails

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
well tomorrow i have 3 out of 4 hours being chem. yah. not. in general its prety exciting but only started thinking the other day its a little scary as well...not knowing anyone in my courses etc. but thats life.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I'd share in the excitement.... except I don't have uni until Wednesday :p

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
lucky you...the way im looking at it now is like ripping off a bandaid. better to get it done quicly and painlessly rather than slowly and painfully

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I'd love to do that. But you know, the joys of a 2.5 day uni week.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Without Wings said:
meh its not scary. there's heaps of people in the same boat and if you're a friendly person then you get to know people. even as a third year i regularly do subjects/attend tutes that i know no one in at the start of the semester...
The joys of a language major. You can find comfort in the fact that after your first semester, you're going to know everybody who will be doing the major with you until you all finish it together. You just better hope you get along with these people. If you don't, it could be a problem because they'll be finishing the major with you, and it could be two/three years of a small classroom environment with person(s) you don't like.

But because you're all spending the next n years together, you tend to get along with everybody.

This semester is my first semester since Autumn 2004 where I'm going into all of my classes not knowing everybody (since I knew everybody in my language major, it wasn't all of my classes). But thankfully, being a fourth year, I'll know enough people. :D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Josie, I've got 5 hours a week at uni. :D

But for first years, you'll smile, giggle and twirl, overcome by the novelty of being a uni student. Enjoy it, because it'll wear off to the point of being a homicidal 4th/5th/6th/7th... student who is too cynical for their own good. Uni: it's a slow process of crushing the hope and soul of any student.

kepler

HSC
Well, what do you expect from university? St. Kevins. Well, what time will you get up tomorrow? Do you think you will be actually able to sleep? Lol

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
I had my first day. It was pretty good just laughed and slept through my 1hr lecture then went home.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
I had my first day. It was pretty good just laughed and slept through my 1hr lecture then went home.
I spent more time at the beach in between lectures than I did actually at uni.

Can someone tell me why they are destroying the lawn in front of the unibar?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Raiks said:
Josie, I've got 5 hours a week at uni. :D

But for first years, you'll smile, giggle and twirl, overcome by the novelty of being a uni student. Enjoy it, because it'll wear off to the point of being a homicidal 4th/5th/6th/7th... student who is too cynical for their own good. Uni: it's a slow process of crushing the hope and soul of any student.
I wish I was dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)