Uni Village (1 Viewer)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
i lived there for 6 months, it's shit.

i lived in a 5 bedroom house, and i was lucky i ended up with fairly ok housemates.

but it's a total rip off. every bedroom is a dif size even though you all pay the same, one of the girls in our house, her room was half the size of mine, and mine was small!

and if you end up with housemates that don't want to keep the place clean, well then you live in absolute filth while you're there.

the facilities are shit, if anything breaks it takes them forever to repair things - and you can't do it yourself - you're not even meant to change the lightbulbs yourself. our toilet broke - we were left without one for a week and a half, and with no explanation as to why they hadn't fixed it.

the store which you pay a compulsory amount to on your U-card is a total rip off, $10 for a box of cereal, $4 for milk. whatevs!

and the social life sucks. if you don't already know someone there or meet everyone you can on the first social day you won't have any friends in the village.

it sucks, don't waste your money. i went there because i was lazy, and i regretted it.

the director of the sydney village and the one of the campus village company is a complete fuckwit too.

myhairbrush

HSC
Hey, if youre looking for decent off campus accommodation I have a room to rent at Lane Cove, on the north side of sydney but still easily accessible to Sydney Uni, here are the details:

1 furnished bedroom available for two students to share in a large 2 bedroom apartment. Located in Lane Cove in a quiet unit block, right on the bus route for both Macquarie University/ Macquarie Centre and City.
Short walk to Lane Cove Shops (supermarkets, cafes, banks, post office and sporting facilities) and a 5-minute bus ride to Chatswood.
Share fully furnished bathroom, laundry, kitchen and large living area with a young female professional.
The bedroom is furnished with built in wardrobe, 2 single beds, drawers and desk if desired.
Would suit responsible, clean, tidy, non-smokers. Rent is $160 pp plus utilities.

Room available from 7th February 2009. Call Leah 0417 500 799.

ikatz

HSC
its expensive compared to privately renting, you don't get a choice about the 20/week they charge to your u-card (to use in the store- ^^ yep, def overpriced) and take it from someone who is living with filthy flatmates and trying to break lease- the management are useless!

Lori.

HSC
its surprising to hear that the share houses at the village are that bad.
I live in the arundel terraces on the other side of campus, and apart from some of the houses being a bit old, I've never had the problem with loud or messy flatmates, nor have i heard any obscene amounts of noise from any of the other houses. If anything breaks, all you have to do is email the manager who will call someone out the same day or the next, but not much later. Also, the rooms vary in cost according to their size.

And as for the location of the village, I dont think it's that good at all. Sure, you're right across the street from the uni, but it's the arse-end of the uni anyways; you'd have to walk 10 minutes just to make it past all the colleges until you end up somewhere useful. Me, I cross the road and I'm 30 metres away from the quad.

It really seems that the village isnt all its cracked up to be, so if you're looking for on-campus accomodation, I'd recommend you do your research thoroughly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)