Uni vs. High School (1 Viewer)

studygirl118

HSC
Hello everyone!

Now I want honest opinions, is University better than High School? In terms of the social life, studying, workload etc

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Uni is better than high school because there's more flexibility in your life (debatable) and your not hassled by your teachers about certain things. Also there is an emphasis on self independence. Social life would obviously be better because there are more opportunities (in terms of student societies) and uni events (pub crawls, cruises, etc)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
tbh I miss high school

but I guess I'm not under pressure to show up at 9am to uni everyday so that's a plus

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
tbh I miss high school

but I guess I'm not under pressure to show up at 9am to uni everyday so that's a plus
why would u miss high school? i found it irritating tbh. you're forced to go to classes and such and if u don't rock up your parents get called and all that. it's like dictatorship imo which can become really irritating at times

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Hello everyone!

Now I want honest opinions, is University better than High School? In terms of the social life, studying, workload etc
I honestly preferred high school cause u get to see your friends all day everyday.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
They both have their good and bad points respectively.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
why would u miss high school? i found it irritating tbh. you're forced to go to classes and such and if u don't rock up your parents get called and all that. it's like dictatorship imo which can become really irritating at times
I honestly preferred high school cause u get to see your friends all day everyday.
this tbh
I'm quite a loner now

Got through 4 years of uni without anyone to talk to or hang out with

A very isolating experience for someone extroverted like me, so I guess I miss that about high school

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
And my high school friends are mostly unavailable and/or moved on with uni friends
Don't get to see them much

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
The chad highschool: hit on girls all day, play sports and hang out with your mates.

The virgin uni: study hard and volunteer for societies in an attempt to show megacorps you are a hard worker.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
this tbh
I'm quite a loner now

Got through 4 years of uni without anyone to talk to or hang out with

A very isolating experience for someone extroverted like me, so I guess I miss that about high school
And my high school friends are mostly unavailable and/or moved on with uni friends
Don't get to see them much
im quite sure that once u reach uni you'd make new friends through your degree and student societies dont u? like i mean you'll see your friends from time to time?

also i feel that hanging out with the same mates from time to time can get quite irritating which is why i personally think it's better to meet new ppl, get to know their personalities, life, etc

in hs u may meet your friends everyday but tbh i cant deal with some rude students who carry on with their behaviour

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
im quite sure that once u reach uni you'd make new friends through your degree and student societies dont u? like i mean you'll see your friends from time to time?

also i feel that hanging out with the same mates from time to time can get quite irritating which is why i personally think it's better to meet new ppl, get to know their personalities, life, etc

in hs u may meet your friends everyday but tbh i cant deal with some rude students who carry on with their behaviour
Yeah you would

I didn't really get that opportuity because i transferred unis

and also because I didn't do a fixed degree, like I was doing different subjects to everyone at different times etc.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
not to mention the cliqueyness of selective students that mix with their own kind

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Uni is better because you don't have to do english
thats why i find hs to be "totalitarianistic"
Yeah you would

I didn't really get that opportuity because i transferred unis

and also because I didn't do a fixed degree, like I was doing different subjects to everyone at different times etc.
but im sure you still made friends with them but havent had much of a chance to keep in contact with them? r u still in contact with them via fb, email, phone, etc?
not to mention the cliqueyness of selective students that mix with their own kind
tbh idk how they're going to cope in the real world

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
thats why i find hs to be "totalitarianistic"

but im sure you still made friends with them but havent had much of a chance to keep in contact with them? r u still in contact with them via fb, email, phone, etc?

tbh idk how they're going to cope in the real world
it was more aquaintances, never went beyond that as they already had their own circles. Also new semester, new subjects, new people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)