uni...... (1 Viewer)

bandwagon

HSC
N/A
would it be strange to say i want to know ppl intending on going to uni next year.....make some more friends before i actually enter uni - a network, kinda, so if i decide to change courses i can ask for isider info??????????

leave messages...:cool:

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
ROFL. It's not that hard to make friends at uni. But I guess getting started early or something won't hurt :p

bandwagon

HSC
N/A
also anu for three other courses, but hopefully i dont have to go to canberra

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
it's too early to think about uni

just imagine...this time next year we'll all be strolling down the uni of our dreams.... only a few more exams to go, and then yeah, we're down easy street.

scary thought.

it still seemsso unreal.

And i applied for sydney.

surely the networking thing works better when everyone actually gets letters saying whether they got accepted into uni or not!

Soul

New Title...
Good Idea

Yeah, bandwagon, organise something...

I don't think it hurts to arrange something now because it would be useful to get a network going despite what uni you intend to go to. Some people may be interested in eventually transferring unis. You just don't want to limit yourself to knowing people at your uni or in your course. A network could provide useful information or social opportunities

besides, networking is fun and it would be good (or reassuring?) to know beforehand, potential people doing your course or at your uni

Uni could be scary on orientation... aaaggh - i don't know any of these 35,000 people! *exaggerating*

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
how about we all have secret handshakes and cryptic codes to identify each other on orientation days at everyone's respective unis?

:D

sixfingers

Originally posted by user
how about we all have secret handshakes and cryptic codes to identify each other on orientation days at everyone's respective unis?

:D
yes please
a secret society
an underground network of hunched geeks trembling at the thought of making new friends without having met them over the computer first.....;)

nah seriously I agree, it's a good idea, uni will be a big change especially if you have been going to the same highschool for the past 6 years.

vostar

Lmao...networkin sounds great, but first i fink i'll concentrate on gettin into uni first so heres hoping. Uni's i've applied to are UOW, UNSW, US and UTS

bandwagon

HSC
N/A
so thus far we've got secret handshakes, do we want anythingelse???

anyways.....for the moment i guess this will have to do, with all going away after the hsc.

=)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)