Union Board Elections (1 Viewer)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Ugh. Can't say I had very high expectations for the quality of the candidature, but reading about some of these candidates really does make me cringe.

You better get elected Arcorn haha.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
i don't like any of them tbh.

and your bias is showing.
I said it'd be bias. And to be honest, I actually still haven't worked out Tiff's cornerstone policies. I'm sort of going off what I've heard them lecture bash and soapbox. And to be honest, NLS, and SLS need to learn to target their audience properly, going into engineering or business and talking about progressivism, and social justice isn't going to get a good response.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I said it'd be bias. And to be honest, I actually still haven't worked out Tiff's cornerstone policies. I'm sort of going off what I've heard them lecture bash and soapbox. And to be honest, NLS, and SLS need to learn to target their audience properly, going into engineering or business and talking about progressivism, and social justice isn't going to get a good response.
I must ask, who's ear in the EU do you have? Everyone just got an email from the President about club autonomy and how you're the only one pushing for it. Very carefully worded to not be against the usu rules, but still comes off as a tad dodgy tbh.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Nobody ever approaches me. :( Combination of resting bitch face and shaved head? And I've only had one pre-lecture ramble. I feel so under-harassed!

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I must ask, who's ear in the EU do you have? Everyone just got an email from the President about club autonomy and how you're the only one pushing for it. Very carefully worded to not be against the usu rules, but still comes off as a tad dodgy tbh.
I'm pushing a policy that the EU wants, it's not a surprise they'd send out an email saying that when nobody else is going to push for it.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I'm pushing a policy that the EU wants, it's not a surprise they'd send out an email saying that when nobody else is going to push for it.
Well yeah, it actually is a little surprising. Other people have had similar policies in the past but no action has been taken on it. Even when James Flynn was running a few years back, there was no email out, despite him having a fairly prominent role within the EU and policies supporting it.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Well yeah, it actually is a little surprising. Other people have had similar policies in the past but no action has been taken on it. Even when James Flynn was running a few years back, there was no email out, despite him having a fairly prominent role within the EU and policies supporting it.
James Flynn was actually involved with the EU though. I've made a few public statements in relation to the policy so that could be a part of it.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
It took them a week and a half to put these up which is kind of disappointing, especially since they put it up 2 days before polls closed it sort of shows how much disdain this Honi team has for stupol.
The honi team this year is disorganised at best, useless at worst.

This is why we should always have at least 2 groups running. They didn't need to work to get elected and now they're barely working to get the paper out.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
The honi team this year is disorganised at best, useless at worst.

This is why we should always have at least 2 groups running. They didn't need to work to get elected and now they're barely working to get the paper out.
It's probably why they were so threatened by Swag. I really wish that ticket hadn't fallen apart.(And had we gotten elected I wouldn't be a candidate for this and would be a lot less stressed right now :p)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Going back to the EU thing. Curiously, we were all sent another email apologising for the first one because it was at risk of abusing USU election policy. Just as I predicted haha

They reiterated how carefully they had worded it to no tbe in breach of policy though.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Provisional USU Board Election Results
The provisional results of the USU Board Elections 2015:
Michael Rees
Jack Whtiney
Atia Rahim
Marco Avena
Tiff Alexander

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
^ and Shannen?
Idk. That's what was posted on the USU fb page. I'm not actually at the event myself. Perhaps they're waiting on more votes or for some ~procedure~ before announcing Shannen

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
WIN WITH ZIN! #ZINNING

i actually have no idea who that is or what they plan to do but i like the pun

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
WOW. I seriously did not expect Make it Mike to do so well at all. Maybe it was the lavender-scented tie-dye that did it? Maybe he managed a whole lot of advertising and presence when I wasn't around.

Polls are in boys, we trust the beer-skulling Kerrod not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)