Union clubs and the like (1 Viewer)

ace

is retired
HSC
politik said:
There will be no 'Source' or 'Union' next year. UNSW will be the first University to remove the student union with a for-profit conglomerate-of-sorts on campus. The new organisation will be an amalgamation of the Guild and Source.
Heh, most of the union places aren't in the "we sell at cost" for no-profit bracket anyways. Get a maccas into the collenade or something :p

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Gough would be anti-VSU.
I suppose it's good that I don't blindly model everything I believe in off one guy then, unlike a lot of the political douchebags you find wandering around universities.

I think you'll find the new organisation will be not-for-profit, and will focus heavily on the student activities side of things rather than the food and retail aspect (which I assume is why you think it will be for-profit). The organisations have amalgamated to save money in staff and services that double up, and the University is going to be supporting the new organisation financially and through access to space and buildings and the like.
Why the hell weren't they like that in the first place? More reason to praise VSU as the second coming of Jesus if you ask me. The douchebags running these things needed a good slap to the head to make things more efficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)