Unit Count for next year (1 Viewer)

Razzah

HSC
G'day,

As we are about to head into year 12 I am considering my subject choices. I am currently doing:

-Maths E1
-English Adv.
-Biology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Economics

For next year I am certain of two things. One, that I am going to take Extension 2 math. Two, that I am dropping economics. This will leave me with 12 units (+1 school unit that we have to do for term 4 only). I am wondering, is this too much to balance with Extension 2 Math especially considering the intensity of physics, chemistry and biology.

If I were to drop one of the sciences, which one would you recommend? It would be between biology and physics. Right now I am about equal top/near top in both subjects and feel I could sustain this next year in either one.

Cheers

HSC
Depends on your future plans (if you have any yet) and what you enjoy. I'd personally drop biology but that's just me. If it was up to me I'd never consider dropping economics (it's the best subject, geez).

Perhaps you should keep all 12 for a term or two, to see what they're like. I think that the intensity of having the sciences and 4 unit maths is probably not the best to continue the entire year.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Biology is intense?

KING CAL

Banned
HSC
Nah biology is pretty bludgey, no hard concepts just lots of theory to remember.

patty4848

HSC
Well I intend to do 12 units next year including 4 extension units...so i say if you feel comfortable doing the workload, then by all means do it, and if you are doing well in it then keep it.

Anyways, if the workload gets too much next term then just drop one of your sciences...

Razzah

HSC
Yeah, Biology is pretty bludgey which is the reason why I would consider keeping it over physics 'cause I could easily dominate it but then there is the fact that I like physics more as a subject AND it ties in with 4-unit math... or at least I think it does? does anyone have any info on that?

evolution

OH` so juicy, squeeze me.
HSC
I'm not a physics person but for biology yes.

BIOLOGY BIOLOGY BIOLOGY BIOLOGY BIOLOGY <3

Like come on, you get to explore through body parts. =)

shut up

ruler of all
somewhere inside a rainbow wondering what im doing
HSC
i have 12 units and the main problem is that you miss free periods. also, nxt year, physics and chem kill you. you cant compare them with bio. unless your really good @ them, drop one and keep bio. i could have easily got over 90 in bio but kept phys and chem and will probly only be 80s. at the same time, there is a lot of content overlap in phys/chem. keep it all and see how it goes.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
shut up said:
i have 12 units and the main problem is that you miss free periods. also, nxt year, physics and chem kill you. you cant compare them with bio. unless your really good @ them, drop one and keep bio. i could have easily got over 90 in bio but kept phys and chem and will probly only be 80s. at the same time, there is a lot of content overlap in phys/chem. keep it all and see how it goes.
Ah physics and chem are really that bad in year 12? I'm thinking of dropping physics because I'm scared I'm going to screw up in it .. =/

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
You should first see how well you cope with 12 units, if you're doing well - keep your 12 units and if you do poorly, drop you're weakest subject. Definitely try it out though. :)

Good luck for yr 12!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)