• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Unit Issue - UWS MAKES ME CRY! (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
YAY YAY YAY!
Mac Collings = :D
Everyone else = :burn:

Answer: "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Enrol in 200103 Accounting Reports and Decisions instead and then in Spring of year 2 enrol in 200488."

Sounds reasonable:)
[/FONT]

L

LaraB

ari89 said:
YAY YAY YAY!
Mac Collings = :D
Everyone else = :burn:

Answer: "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Enrol in 200103 Accounting Reports and Decisions instead and then in Spring of year 2 enrol in 200488."

Sounds reasonable:)
[/FONT]
Told you Mac was cool lol :)

good to hear it's worked out :)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
Told you Mac was cool lol :)

good to hear it's worked out :)
hehe thanks:)

One of his emails was a bit confusing...I wasn't sure what he was referring to when he said gremlin...possibly the receptionist?

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
GO AND SEE MAC IN PERSON!!!!
Yes, do that. He is a most helpful dude.

.........because recptionist people are generally dumb shits who really don't care if you're enrolled properly or not...
Boy, that's really offensive.
We ARE arrogant, aren't we?

It's also really wrong when it comes to the UWSP Law School admin people.
If you are nice to them, they will help.

OTOH, if you come across as yet another up-stuck first year who thinks they are God's Gift to Academe,
then don't be surprised if you get treated with f**k-you attitude in return.

They have seen hundreds of people before, just like you.
And you know, you are probably not the first person with your problem.
And guess who will probably know the answer to your problem?
That's right, the Law School Admin Staff.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Timbo650 said:
Yeah if you read the thread in its entirety you would have seen that it was the solution...

Timbo650 said:

OTOH, if you come across as yet another up-stuck first year who thinks they are God's Gift to Academe,

For some reason I have the feeling that she wasn't being entirely serious with her comment?
In all honesty...wtf? I'm sure people know the general rule of life - Be a c$%^, be treated like one.
MelSC already pointed out I wasn't the only one with that problem...hell, I even knew I wasn't the only one with the problem. And guess what...I just listed all the people who had no idea how to answer my problem but I finally found a solution...so why the bitching?

L

LaraB

Timbo650 said:

Yeh blah blah blah... fine, you think they're nice... you've obviously talked to different staff members to the ones that myself and pretty much all the people at uni i'm' friends with who do law have dealt with...

Regardless of whether my comment was serious or not, ask any number of students - generally, teh admin staff know very litle and aren't helpful because it is NOT THEIR JOB! to deal with enrolment and the l ike - that's the reason why Mac/Stephen are written down as the course coordinator, i.e. person to see with enrolment isuses... it doesn't say "School of Law staff" for a reason...

The admin staff are there primarily to assist as receptionists and in administrative tasks NOT "student issues" so to speak - if you have enrolment issues you will NEVER be directed to them, you will be directed to ACADEMIC staff.

They will not know the answer to the problem.... and besides, even if they did - they can't do anything about it - they don't have the authority too - only your course coordinator has the authority to vary your enrolment. They are called administrative staff for a reason - i.e. they do not deal with "academic issues", they are simply there to deal with administrative tasks to deal with eth school, and enrolment is not purely administrative, it is an academic issue.

I can only assume you are either one of/related to/friends with personally teh admin staff because no one else would feel a need to call that comment "really offensive"...

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
I can only assume you are either one of/related to/friends with personally teh admin staff because no one else would feel a need to call that comment "really offensive"...
None of the above. It's just that I get impatient with up-stuck first years LOL

L

LaraB

Timbo650 said:
None of the above. It's just that I get impatient with up-stuck first years LOL
If that was directed to me - that's pretty amazing that i can manage to be a "stuck up first year" after THREE years of uni at uws :rolleyes:

if not, just because you're pissed off with the attitude/competence of UWS staff doens't make you a "stuck up first year" - it probably just indicates you have half a brain and are frustrated like everyone else at the way the staff manage to make the simplest tasks complicated, or the way that a simple and reasonable request is taken almost as though it was a personal insult to them or something...

Last edited by a moderator:

dilroy

HSC
Speaking of units (Off-topic but I don't want to make a new thread). Has anyone here ever done their core units last? I feel these first year subjects are way too boring and only 1 subject for my first year course is an actual pre-requisit for my 2nd and 3rd year subjects. I feel like doing all the stuff I want to do first and then leave the boring shit for last.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I did one of my core units last. It turned out to be pretty easy, but was a pain in the arse sitting it with first year students .. for numerous reasons.

HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
hehe thanks:)

One of his emails was a bit confusing...I wasn't sure what he was referring to when he said gremlin...possibly the receptionist?
Gremlin is a generic term for technical problems in technological systems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)