• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UniTest...? how did u all go? (1 Viewer)

unco_wannabe

HSC
those who did the unitest on monday....id like to hear how everyone went...
i thought it was a bit gay...

bikapika

HSC
unco_wannabe said:
those who did the unitest on monday....id like to hear how everyone went...
i thought it was a bit gay...
did u keep a copy of the test? scan and post it up!!

unco_wannabe

HSC
nah they take it from u ...but i mean it wasnt AS much of a general knowledge..i mean they had a question where u had to like break down a poem and interpret the 'growing cherry in the winters snow'
soemthign to do with life/rebirth/spring and death/winter

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
I did the UniTest. I forgot to tell you what I looked like, but while I was waiting in the queue I talked to a couple people just on the off chance that they might have been from BoS. I don't think any of them were (met a VCE student from Xavier College, and a mature age student who'd done post-grad already and wanted to do undergrad law @ ANU). I'm Asian, by the way (not much of a help, I know).
like break down a poem and interpret the 'growing cherry in the winters snow' soemthign to do with life/rebirth/spring and death/winter
Yeah, wasn't too sure what the answer to that was. I eliminated it down to two and guessed. Thank God for multi-choice. Otherwise, I thought it was a bit like the GAT in VCE. And there were some questions which were similar to the Understanding People section in the UMAT, but not that many. Just a whole bunch of random questions, really. There were a few hard questions; some questions were just confusing/ambiguous. I bombed out on those ones. But on the whole, I think I did fine. What did you get for the one which had six people and six roles (director, producer...etc.) and you had to answer how many people could not be matched to their roles using the clues presented? I spent ages on that question, but I still wasn't sure what the answer was.

unco_wannabe

HSC
hey i think i know that the producer i THINK was Fiona..urgh :S or not sure
but
they were pretty gay.

ummm which side were u on? the left or the right sides?

umm u know the pythag one with n and 2n = 4n that thing..yeh that was 0 values...equation doesnt work out.

also the very last question with the dads..was REALLY shite i mean far out the mums came then more mums..arhhhhhhghghghgh

umm in general it was pretty crappy...exam but im hoping like..others didnt do well..not from a bad thign..but i mean..i sorta need it too

i think 140 odd people were there... :S
also oh the king arthur questions were fun :)
lol

Evilo

HSC
tbh - The fact that you travelled interstate to do a test gives you a better chance of getting into the course you wanted (i believe). From an anu perspective, it probably looks like you are keen to go to anu. thats my 2 cents anyway. Hope you all get in lol

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
tbh - The fact that you travelled interstate to do a test gives you a better chance of getting into the course you wanted (i believe). From an anu perspective, it probably looks like you are keen to go to anu. thats my 2 cents anyway. Hope you all get in lol
yep. tbh i could imagine them going "ehhhhh this kid travelled all the way up from melbourne and was only 3 marks from getting into commerce... *dum-de-dum (changes his/her mark +3)*"

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I hope that they take that into account. Depends on how many people there are from interstate though, and whether they can be bothered checking 100+ profiles for that kind of information. Though from personal experience, I've found ANU to be a bit more willing to be a bit more personal with their prospective students.
hey i think i know that the producer i THINK was Fiona..urgh :S or not sure
I got that too, so I think it's probably correct. Yay! One mark confirmed. :)
umm u know the pythag one with n and 2n = 4n that thing..yeh that was 0 values...equation doesnt work out.
And one mark lost. :(
ummm which side were u on? the left or the right sides?
Left, when facing the front. I was also waiting in the left queue (entered through the door on the left, from the seated perspective). I came in when more than three-quarters of the room had been filled.
also the very last question with the dads..was REALLY shite i mean far out the mums came then more mums..arhhhhhhghghghgh
lol, I hope they don't use a machine for correcting the multi-choice questions, because I filled in all of the options and had trouble rubbing them out. By the way, why were people leaving early? That made me a bit nervous, as I still hadn't finished the paper when they started leaving. Ehh, well I'll just put the exam paper down as a bad job and hope for the best.

Evilo

HSC
Schmeag said:
Yeah, I hope that they take that into account. <snip> By the way, why were people leaving early? That made me a bit nervous, as I still hadn't finished the paper when they started leaving. Ehh, well I'll just put the exam paper down as a bad job and hope for the best.
eh dw schmeag, we have invested *far* too much effort in telling you about anu for you to get rejected. :)
People always leave early in exams, I had a 3 hour comp exam. People were leaving after 30min. Its one of those things, hopefully it works in your favour.

unco_wannabe

HSC
u know the father cafe ones right
the first question was a simple working out one where u take each father and stuf etc.

however the second part where it says 'the father cannot leave thier child'
u cant get that in any number of moves because of the twins...father he ruins the process ...i think that was it..

oh rmbr the salt intake %cum. im not sure how many people had like 6% and under
but i did random stuff and got close to like 63...but im pretty sure its wrong :S :(

do you know when the results come out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)