uniTEST? (1 Viewer)

kathymon

HSC
Just wondering if anyone else is going to do the uniTEST examination at maq as an alternative way to get into uni?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It should really be seen as supplementary to your efforts of trying to get into Uni, not a replacement.

Selection, from what I understand, is only partially equity based, with aptitude, and the UAI rank still considerable factors for the selection of entrants. The applicants will most likely have been disadvantaged in some way, shape or form in their preparation and completion of the HSC but can prove their ability to perform had it not been for those factors.

While the criteria itself is very vague, coming from an upper north shore school and simply being too lazy to perform is not going to be a valid excuse for acceptance (at least it shouldn't be). [as an example of what factors you shouldn't be applying for Unitest]

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
hi

with the question 'Have you experienced any disadvantage that may have impacted your previous studies or preparation for university entry?' does having a too low uai to get into the desired courses a 'disadvantage'?

X

xeuyrawp

lizziegirl said:
hi

with the question 'Have you experienced any disadvantage that may have impacted your previous studies or preparation for university entry?' does having a too low uai to get into the desired courses a 'disadvantage'?
... How could having a bad UAI affected your performance in the HSC exams?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
lizziegirl said:
hi

I bolded the relevant parts.

Relevant things are like family deaths, not living in a stable environment, a newly acquired disability etc. Having a low UAI is disconnected from your previous studies or preparation for uni entry (ie. the HSC).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Though I'm sure if she's asking such a question, being blonde or just being stupid might be a 'disadvantage'. :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I wonder if it would include things like when I was in year 12 and due to a lack of funding 3/5 of my subjects had face to face teaching time 80 mins - 2 hrs less than normal time per fortnight and different levels of language classes combined.

Sonata

HSC
i found this pamphlet lying on a table at skool 2day, im wondering that this Unitest thing onli applies to ANU, Maquire and Flinder uni onli?

aleachim

HSC
what are the nature of the q's? They say it is hard to study for, but that's what's said about UMAT. Surely section 1 UMAT style q's qould help? I'm figuring out timing for each of them - 1.5mins each IMO ~ of course I'm not going to be that podantic about it!

btw: anyone coming to MAC this Saturday for the test?

jb2007

HSC
I'm coming down on friday night and staying at the uni and doing the exam.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)