• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

units/subjects (1 Viewer)

dibe4

HSC
Man, everyone talks about the subjects and units they picked....i havnt even done that yet, im waiting for the orientation day, i dont understand, how can you guys pick ur units and subjects if u dnt even know what they are, u just cant pick units =, just by looking at its name??

tennille

HSC
At usyd, the students look at the faculty handbook, which provide descriptions for each unit.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Same as uow...well some courses have set units u need to do but what i have found (meaning what me and my friends/others i know) is just to look at the subject handbooks and read up...i knew already what i wanted but yeah faculty handbooks help a lot

groovejet

HSC
N/A
You use the university handbook which details each unit or subject's description and you make your decision whether you want to choose it or not. Waiting until O-week is late because the 2-3 weeks before students may have already picked good times for their study.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
In the enrolment package from Newcastle they send an information page with how to enrol in courses, and which courses to enrol in for the particular program (degree).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)