University courses. (1 Viewer)

Snarkie

HSC
Bachelor of Digital Media - College of Fine Arts, UNSW
or
maybe something with history at Macquarie Uni

I don't really know, but they're just a few things that I keep in mind so I have something to aim for...

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
im thinking of either a surveying course at UNSW or Newcastle UAI about 85 or a mathematics degree at UNSW, UAI abou 90
how can u not like chemistry? it may not be as interesting as Physics, but enjoyable non the less

Raginsheep

HSC
theodore223 said:
im thinking of either a surveying course at UNSW or Newcastle UAI about 85 or a mathematics degree at UNSW, UAI abou 90
how can u not like chemistry? it may not be as interesting as Physics, but enjoyable non the less
My friend does surveying at UNSW.

subjectiv said:
because

a) i struggle in maths.
b) you probably do it. :rolleyes:
I understand the 1st one but b); im so cut. :(

Raginsheep

HSC
At Mac, its round 97/98 I think depending on what you combine it with.

At UNSW, its the same as normal commerce which was 93 for this year. Its "recommended that you have an UAI of 97+ if you are considering doing it"

dukey

HSC
Policing (I'm looking at Federal Agency)

Business, law commerce.

No idea of required UAI..

I'm a bit stuffed yah lol =\

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Interested in these: (2005)

B Medicine/B Surgery @UNSW UAI 95+ (i think?)

B Optometry/B Science @UNSW UAI 98.00

B Psychology @UNSW or USYD or MQ UAI 96+

B Applied Science (Physiotherapy) @USYD UAI 94.30

B Chiropractic Science @MQ UAI 85.05

karnoganguli

HSC
Economics/Law at Sydney uni.- 99.55 uai
Biomedical engineering at Sydney- 95.05
Medicine at UNSW- good uai and good umat score

There the three i'm looking at... there's aerospace engineering but i probably won't do that because job opportunities aren't great.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
karnoganguli said:
Economics/Law at Sydney uni.- 99.55 uai
Biomedical engineering at Sydney- 95.05
Medicine at UNSW- good uai and good umat score

There the three i'm looking at... there's aerospace engineering but i probably won't do that because job opportunities aren't great.
Med @ UNSW from everyone i've talked too, your interview is worth more at UNSW, two people i know one had 98.55 failed UMAT but aced interview, so did another chick she got 97, failed UMAT but aced interview. Try to do some extra curricular activities now if you want to get into med, you'll get more marks, plus atleast 2 weeks of work expereince in med, then the interviewers will take u seriously.

tmde1st

HSC
I want to do pharmacy but not all unis offer it. i think the uai is generally about 93. uphill battle

kloudsurfer

HSC
Wooz said:
Med @ UNSW from everyone i've talked too, your interview is worth more at UNSW, two people i know one had 98.55 failed UMAT but aced interview, so did another chick she got 97, failed UMAT but aced interview. Try to do some extra curricular activities now if you want to get into med, you'll get more marks, plus atleast 2 weeks of work expereince in med, then the interviewers will take u seriously.
B Medicine/B Surgery @UNSW UAI 95+ UMAT +interview

That is all. Not getting in is not an option. (yes, I am one of those people who cannot deal with failure and will likely have a nervous breakdown at HSC time lol)

Thanks for the advice. Ever since I read somewhere that the medium UAI is around 99.00 Ive been wondering how to get a leg up since my school isnt that great (at least compared to most people here) and I am not a super genius.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
It does not matter which school you go to, you can get the UAI that you need from it. All you have to do is put in a lot of effort to learn what is required of you in the HSC syllabus, and perform well in your internal assessments, to get a high rank, and do well in the external exam. Find the syllabus of each subject that you are doing, and use the textbooks that you can get for each subject with help from your teachers to learn what is required of you for the HSC. If you need help on something you don't understand, then ask for it from any places where help can come from. Those are just a few pointers to guide you on your way. Good luck with the HSC :)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Wooz said:
yep, my sister's b/f's friend is a doctor and is also one of the judges/interviewers, and he says that it's about their character more than their academic marks. You can ace all subjects, exams, etc and be a super mean/selfish/proud person and get the marks for med, but what's the point? Doctors are suppose to be caring people.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
^caring people + can communicate well + understanding :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)