University Help! (1 Viewer)

Jinks

HSC
I know this is primarily a NSW forum but i was wondering if i could still get any opinions on my predicament.

So im a VCE student and just received an ATAR of 94.00, the guaranteed ATAR at uniMelb is 95 with a minimum of 93, so there is still a chance come release of uni placements in a months time.

My issue is what should i put as my second preference, i'm tied between Commerce at Monash or Accounting at RMIT.

Monash Commerce has a clearly-in of about 92, so that isn't a problem, the issue is the 1 hour travelling time from home, as well as numerous tolls if i decide to drive.

RMIT accounting on the other hand has an ATAR of 75, however is located in the heart of Melbourne and is very easy to get to from where i live.

Now the travelling would not be an issue if it was just uni, however i also have a cadetship in accounting which is located in the city (10 minutes from RMIT, 35 minutes from Monash) and for Monash i would have to drive.

I know reputation and prestige is important to an extent however with a Big 4 cadetship already do you think the importance is mitigated slightly?
What would you do in my situation, general thoughts/ideas.

Please help!!

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I reckon if you have a cadetship and you're fixed on doing Accounting as a graduate then RMIT would suit your needs fine. With accounting, prestige doesn't play that much of a part, especially when you already have a cadetship(which nearly guarantees you a grad job). If you're still undecided and feel like finance could be a better field, then Monash would be better as your not just doing accounting and you got that prestige factor going for you too.

Jinks

HSC
Yeah thanks, i'm set on accounting for now but who knows how i'll feel later on so it might be a good idea to keep the possibilities as open as possible.

Anyone else?

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
So where you doing your cadetship out of curiosity? You can PM me instead if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)