<<<University of Technology, Sydney>>> (1 Viewer)

alyse

HSC
:shy: hey everyone!
i was just wondering if anyone from the newcastle area, or anywhere around there is applying for UTS (fashion design course) for next year??? i went to the open day in sydney last weekend and it looked like an awesome course!!!!

......if so please reply......

thanks! -- a l y s e -- :)

devilsrope

HSC
hi
im from newcastle aswell.
im going to apply for architecture at uts.
not fashion but yeah looks good.
i couldnt get to sydney on the weekend
but i did drop by newcastle uni for the open day.
what school in newcastle are you from?
and im taking it, you did costume design for ur ip?

alyse

HSC
hello
yea uts looks so good!
the architecture looked awesome too! some of the stuff they do is really clever, the models of students work are really complex!

i do design and technology, so i did fashion design for my major design project. they dont do costume design at uts.

yea i just really want to go there, and was interested in seeing if newcastle ppl were planning on moving there etc if they got in...rather than travel alot.

alyse

poppop

HSC
N/A
yes.. UTS's Design degrees look really good. (They are all very popular too considering how high the UAI cut-offs are)

Interior Design is also a good option for those interested in film & theatre set design etc :)

AMY*

HSC
Omg!! I would LOVE to do the fashion design course at UTS!
But, unfortunately I'm simply not good enough..haha :[
but good luck to all of you that apply! I hope one of you get it, that would be so amazing!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
dont be discouraged if you think you cant get the UAI for the course
try your best and if that doesnt work there are heaps of other opportunities for you to pursue your dream career

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
hey is there any alternative way to get into design if you don't get above the uai cut-off?

The reason why i'm asking is because my sister wants to do it, but i'm afraid she may not get a high enough uai to do it... :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
go to uws, do design there for a year, then transfer to UTS or any other institution pending on your tertiary results, or likewise go to tafe

vix-zotik

HSC
Hey i unforunately miss the UTS open day because the trials were so late...
but yeah i'm doing Textiles & Design and i'm looking towards UTS to study fashion design also....my major was my formal dress and hoping to get a band 6...and possibly to make it to Textstyle... =D

well wish me luck!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)