<<University of Technology, Sydney>> (1 Viewer)

alyse

HSC
hey everyone!!
i was just wondering, is anyone applying for the fashion design course at UTS next year?
i went to the open day in sydney last weekend, and the course looks AWESOME!!!!!

...if so please reply...

thanks!! alyse:)

Bl0nDi3

HSC
yeh im gona apply but im probably going to end up going to east sydney tafe best place u can go for fashion around here... more creative environment than uni jus compare the work or ask ppl in the industry

alyse

HSC
thanks, sounds good! bet its WAY cheaper too, and easier to get into!
im from newcastle, so it sucks sooooooooo much that all the fashion design is in syd!!!

Bl0nDi3

HSC
have you thought about your folio?? It needs to be handed in by oct 27 for east sydney

alyse

HSC
na i havent, but i have my folio from my MDP, which was selected for consideration in the powerhouse museum, so that would help hopefully...

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
alyse said:
na i havent, but i have my folio from my MDP, which was selected for consideration in the powerhouse museum, so that would help hopefully...
really? it got selected in because i didnt think they told or notified anyone till after september /october ... i dont even think there marked yet because my cousins work got selected last year but that was becasue she designed a dress under design and technology not for textiles ...

alyse

HSC
yea i do design and technology, and they've been marked already, happened the same week we handed them in.
we dont find out if our nomination is selected in the DesignTECH exhibition until after the HSC exmas....which sucks....i hate waiting....lol

heysalovesyah

HSC
hey people,
i applied for UTS, but i know its soo hard to get into so i opted out for EAST Sydney Tafe, but well.. i didnt get a chance to hand anything in. But my careers advisor says that I should ask if they accept waiting list wannabe's like me. :mad1:
But do you people think they would? Or is this course really hard to get into/placements?

But yeah. If not... i have also opted to try in Melbourne. Hopefully I can get a place. I just need to get really motivated!...

SpHan

HSC
I am wondering what prior experience you all have with design n sewing etc. I haven't made clothing garments since i was a little kid going to school holiday workshops lol but i have done a lot in jewellery design over the years (which isnt really that related but hey). i have UTS fashion n design as my first preference but i am thinking i should take a year off to get some basic skills happening before i commence uni. what do you think? I got the uai for it so can i defer too?

poppop

HSC
N/A
lol since you asked.. Don't get freaked out.

it'ss 90.15 for Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design @ UTS
98.75 for Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design/International Studies @ UTS

UTS Design degrees are extremely popular and hard to get into :(

sykosami

HSC
Has anyone thought about the Whitehouse Institute of Design, or knows anyone who goes there? I'm really interested in going there next year and I wanted people's opinion about it, also, does anyone know if it's hard to get into?

princess-kat

x__miss.universe
HSC
hayy guys !

yeh i'm plannin to apply 4 the fashion & textiles course at UTS .. its meant to be the BEST uni course 4 fashion design .. :) aw alyse thats suckyy u hav 2 travel so far 2 go to uni .. i have cousins in maitland, newcastle & one plans 2 attend a uni in syd & is thinkin bout moving down sooo if ur wondering, thats probably a good option! ;-) but theres a whole lotta drama that comes with that aye? sooo hmmm lol in that case mayb u should disregard wat i jus sed..!

anywayyy i wanna go 2 UTS, have 4 ages .. the UAI is soooo DAMN high though .. it seems unrealistic 2 think i'll get it .. but i'm REALLY hoping i do .. my plan B is 2 apply at east syd tafe.. i hear its betta in some respects..

does anybody know what is better? like what gives u a better chance at being a successful fashion designer.. ive been told that the tafe is wayy better coz its more hands-on & that particular one is hard 2 get into.. but part of me says UNI is the wayy.. its a degree ra ra ra.. but its 4yrs i think tafe is only 3yrs...
ARGHH choices ! lol .. wat u guys rekon ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)