University of western sydney (lol) (1 Viewer)

blackness

Crazy crazy just crazy
HSC
Is anyones planning to do medical science at UWS, and is this course really demanding or if someone got a UAI of 62 will they make it straight in.???

Thanks.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i don't know about medical science but a lot of friends of mine are planning on doing medicine at UWS and then a shit load of other unis, med sci is kinda towards the bottom of their lists. i think they'd prefer to go to USYD or UNSW if it came down to that because i don't think they'd get UAIs that low. that being said i don't think UWS is that bad a uni, my friends are always telling me off for paying it out but i think that if people are going in there with UAIs of 62, seriously no offence to them intended but if you yourself got a UAI of like 93 and you're surrounded by people who got UAIs way lower wouldn't you feel, i dunno a bit weird? that you put in all that effort in yr 12 and these people may not have tried as hard as you but you're still doing the same course? for that feeling alone i'd go somewhere else.
i have no idea what i'm talking about anymore of even if it answered your question, i am merely procrastinating.

HSC
Sorry OP, I've got no idea.
ahen said:
i don't know about medical science but a lot of friends of mine are planning on doing medicine at UWS and then a shit load of other unis, med sci is kinda towards the bottom of their lists. i think they'd prefer to go to USYD or UNSW if it came down to that because i don't think they'd get UAIs that low. that being said i don't think UWS is that bad a uni, my friends are always telling me off for paying it out but i think that if people are going in there with UAIs of 62, seriously no offence to them intended but if you yourself got a UAI of like 93 and you're surrounded by people who got UAIs way lower wouldn't you feel, i dunno a bit weird? that you put in all that effort in yr 12 and these people may not have tried as hard as you but you're still doing the same course? for that feeling alone i'd go somewhere else.
i have no idea what i'm talking about anymore of even if it answered your question, i am merely procrastinating.
tl;dr.

But I read the part I bold-ed, nice work. :D

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
blackness said:
Is anyones planning to do medical science at UWS, and is this course really demanding or if someone got a UAI of 62 will they make it straight in.???

Thanks.
it`s right at the bottom of my preferences , but since UWS has two separate campuses for med science , i dont think its really competitive.

like 'ahen' said , people who wanna do med science normally tend to aim for UNSW or UTS , with UAIs of 84 - 90.

i think @ campbelltown campus it was 68-ish , last i checked , but the hawkesbury or whatever the campus is called :)p , not sure) was around 60.

so yeah , as long as you get like 70 , you`ll secure a spot for yourself @ med science , UWS =]

HSC
blackness said:

Thanks.
yeah i applied there, but it's like 5th on my list or something, too far out of the way for me.
i was thinking, maybe it had low uai cause it's so far out of sydney that others would just prefer to go to the big ones i sydney. i dont know, im not from the sydney area.
low uai can be an indication of how many people apply to do the course there, less people that apply the lower the uai will be to fill up the course.
also, i dont think the medical science course is very demanding, not from what i've read from what the csu course in it involves. just chem and bio.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
lol i didnt know there was a univeristy of medicince section in the livo tafe campus..im at tafe atm and i walked past it...so yeah ...iots right next to the hospital, they just built this section as well so it looks pretty new but pretty its pretty small, im not allowed in tho....you need some keycard

HSC
I don't think that is how it works...depends how others have put it on their list :)

g'luck i'm sure you'll get it ^^

I guess it is all about popularity and that particular course isn't as popular...
(which is good for us i guess..hehe)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
it`s right at the bottom of my preferences , but since UWS has two separate campuses for med science , i dont think its really competitive.

like 'ahen' said , people who wanna do med science normally tend to aim for UNSW or UTS , with UAIs of 84 - 90.

i think @ campbelltown campus it was 68-ish , last i checked , but the hawkesbury or whatever the campus is called :)p , not sure) was around 60.

so yeah , as long as you get like 70 , you`ll secure a spot for yourself @ med science , UWS =]
Oi im from the Hawkesbury don't f'in bag it out.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Wooz said:
Oi im from the Hawkesbury don't f'in bag it out.
i didnt bag it out.

i said i wasnt sure if it was called hawkesbury or not.
and im pretty sure its 60 last time i checked the UAC guide.

bokchoi168

HSC
how the fuck did he bag out the Hawksbury? Because he didn't know the name of the campus? geez thats a bloody insult now aint it.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
bokchoi168 said:
how the fuck did he bag out the Hawksbury? Because he didn't know the name of the campus? geez thats a bloody insult now aint it.
wassup charlie
yeah i agree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)