University offers not in paper? (1 Viewer)

astab

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

UAC says that main round offers will be available tonight for 2015 uni students but these offers won't be published in the paper. Is this because of privacy issues or are newspaper companies trying to save paper (and money)? Will they publish it on the net like they did last year?

Cheers.

astab

HSC
N/A
Thanks heaps guys. Yeah that's one of the reasons as to why I thought they won't publish it in the SMH because it is technically a newspaper even if available electronically.

Magiccarpet

HSC
When would they publish it online tho? last year i remember they published it the same night...

CTon

HSC
Hmm...interesting. Maybe after all these years they finally did stop putting them in the paper? Actually cut lol. Wanted to snoop around and see what everyone got!

buriza

conviction
HSC
Did they publish it or not?
As far as I know they haven't been published in paper and it might not happen online either. Had a look around, if it's meant to pop up it hasn't yet.

stephenchicken

HSC
N/A
http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/faq/main-round-offers.shtml

On the UAC link above, under "How do I find out if I have received a Main Round offer?", it says:

"Note: Offers and course cut-offs are no longer printed in the newspapers."

Unsure of why this is, as they have been publishing the offers for ages. It's a shame because I was looking forward to seeing my brother's offer in the paper.
Perhaps privacy reasons? This is the most likely explanation.
If so, there's not much chance we will even get to see an online version because that always comes from a newspaper

stephenchicken

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)