• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Unmotivated (1 Viewer)

drama_fag

HSC
i dont see myself as the type to procrastinate... when something has to be done, i do it... i dont hand in assignments late or anything or miss assesment dates...

but really, i just cant be bothered with work... and i dont know WHY!?!?!?

im not sure if any1 out there is the same...

but like im not a dumb guy, i always do well in assesments and stuff, when i try... but recently ive basically just collapsed. i dont study and hardly do any work... all i do is talk to friends, go out and listen to music. i think i just dont care enough to do the work, and i know that i should... every1 tells me that i should care... but i just cannot be bothered at all.

im happy to sit down and work, but as soon as i get sidetracked... there is no going back to the books. and im not talking getting sidetracks for 5 mins by some cool song... i mean for a few hours or something...

how do other people overcome this problem? does any1 know what im even talking about? hahahaha

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
just you wait

go to uni and its hard to get motivated too.

I'm meant to do my major right now... the sort that would make or break me this semester.

and i'm browsing threads instead.

drama_fag

HSC
haha does it look like im doing my work?

im clearly browsing forums and listening to sad music

and yeah i dont want to imagine what ill be like at uni

drama_fag

HSC
go team

(this rant here is to fill in for the fact that when i tried to post 'go team' i got told thatmessage was too short and couldnt post it unless i extended it... who would have thought u had to have more than 10 characters to get accross a point... eg 'fuck you' [/end rant])

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Oh and fakingtheday. Where the poop did you get your sig. I love it. I want to caress it and have it's babies.
Did you hear that Connor's probably coming back here to do his Digital Ash in a Digital Urn tour :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
just you wait

go to uni and its hard to get motivated too.

I'm meant to do my major right now... the sort that would make or break me this semester.

and i'm browsing threads instead.
It's impossible to get motivated for uni. I don't do any work for tutorials because I don't have to. Every assessment I have done so far I have done pretty much the last couples days before it was due. And as for study, not much at all.

Because you only need to pass there is really no motivation. The HSC motivation is getting into uni. Now that I am in I have no motivation. If you can't be motivated to work during the HSC you never will be,

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It's impossible to get motivated for uni. I don't do any work for tutorials because I don't have to. Every assessment I have done so far I have done pretty much the last couples days before it was due. And as for study, not much at all.

Because you only need to pass there is really no motivation. The HSC motivation is getting into uni. Now that I am in I have no motivation. If you can't be motivated to work during the HSC you never will be,
You'll be wasting money if you fail in uni...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:

faking - yeah i saw him at his last gig here. magical.

iamsick - I'm very motivated in uni. Moreso than I was at school. Motivate yourself by saying that you'll earn a greater salary if you get a D avg. Or that you could possibly transfer to a better course if one is introduced. Or many other things.

Oh and here's a link to the thread I was talking about for lazy ones:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=65201

stazi

Nightman
HSC
faking - what country are you from, as it says youre doing eng fundamentals?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
iamsick - I'm very motivated in uni. Moreso than I was at school. Motivate yourself by saying that you'll earn a greater salary if you get a D avg. Or that you could possibly transfer to a better course if one is introduced. Or many other things.
I don't think a D average will get me a better salary. All a D average would do is put me ahead of someone with a credit average when going for a job, but thats what I am doing a double major for. Salaries are not determined by degree averages.

Its too much more work for me to keep up a D average for 4 years, I just don't think its worthwhile.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't think a D average will get me a better salary. All a D average would do is put me ahead of someone with a credit average when going for a job, but thats what I am doing a double major for. Salaries are not determined by degree averages.

Its too much more work for me to keep up a D average for 4 years, I just don't think its worthwhile.
It'll be a nice challenge though

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yes, i know that but sometimes it helps to lie to yourself a bit.
At least go for a credit - its more dificult than it seems. An employer really will frown upon a pass average.
Also, expanding on what eagle said, if you're marginally passing a subject and then screw up your final exam and fail the subject thats 1.5k or however much a subject is worth gone. Also, it will mean that you have to resit the subject and thus stay for an extra semester of uni than you have to - a 4.5 year degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)