Unrequited Love (1 Viewer)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
How do you deal with unrequited love? I like this friend of mine...we've been friends for so long...but he only "loves" me in other ways...We've talked about this already, being really comfortable around eachother. He hasn't had any attention from a girl before and seems to have lost hope. I really like him but he just seems to be looking on. I don't want to make him like me, I just want to let him go...so, how do you "let go"? Thanks.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Stop lingering on "how do I get him to like me?", "will he ever be interested?", "how do I forget him?", etc. If he's still not interested after all this time, you'd be better off moving on.

Go out with girlfriends, watch movies, do your nails, go shopping, etc etc etc.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
How do you deal with unrequited love? I like this friend of mine...we've been friends for so long...but he only "loves" me in other ways...We've talked about this already, being really comfortable around eachother. He hasn't had any attention from a girl before and seems to have lost hope. I really like him but he just seems to be looking on. I don't want to make him like me, I just want to let him go...so, how do you "let go"? Thanks.
You're ...trying to deal with your unrequited love for an emo? :confused:

Geez that's tough. Letting go in these cases is very tricky because emos are very sticky things. The trick is to rinse him thoroughly in anti-depressants and Dr Phil videotapes. Then he'll come off easily like grease off a dinner plate.

W

whsmith

Captain Gh3y said:
Offer him sex.

Failing that, a threesome. But make sure the other girl is really ugly. If you're really ugly, use an attractive pig.
True Knowledge.

You'd be surprised how many times i've used this technique - I've lost count.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
I was obsessed with a guy for about 5 years. That's a loooong bloody time. I was in lust. And I thought he was the best thing in the world.
One day I woke up. I had told him so many times about how I felt. He never responded. And I was glad.
But, the point is, it was hard for me to stop liking this guy. Not because he was brilliant and amazing, but simply because I had liked him for so long that it had become a sort of habit, and I just couldn't shake it.
Then, I realised I had to stop. So what I did was stay away from him. There were so many temptations to talk to him and go near him, but I forced myself not to. It was hard, and I realised that in the past that I had talked to him a lot since I started avoiding him. After a while, I started to forget about him. That, for me, was enough. It was clearly a stupid crush if it dissolved when I wasn't around him.
After a while, I stopped liking him. It took me several months, just to stop. But it worked.
And now, I am so happy for it. It's something that I'm proud of, as well. It's like I conquered him.
It might be more difficult for you, but if I can get over this boy I was obsessed with for 5 years, I'm sure you can.
Good luck.
And remember, there are probably so many more guys out in the world that are worth your attention. Forget about one who doesn't return your feelings!

felixcthecat

HSC
mhmm, if u've showed ur feelings and they don't respond to any of it for say.. over half a year, it's definitely time to let go.. something sorta similar happened to me as well..
i was in shanghai (china) at the time as an expatriat.. and i told a girl that i liked her and blablabla ~ but thenshe didn't liked me~.. but then i still liked her~ after 3 years, she left to guangzhou (china), we stayed in contact for the first yr, and a year later i moved to australia.. we still chatted on msn once a while but as the 2nd yr went past she talked less and less.. we met each other during summer holidays after my 2nd yr in australia.. she seemed all fine and stuff, got each other pressies and wutever else u could do with a 'long time no see' friend~ and then, another year of separation, we organised to meet again, but then maybe she told a lie about wut days she'd be in the same city as me.. so we didn't get to meet.. i guess it was a big big lie the whole time!!.. so i guess it has made me realise how stupid it was to like a girl for 6 yrs!!>.

hehe that's my story!! so once u feel uncomfy with ur bf, i guess u should just leave him straight away~ try and stay friends if he'd allow.. but don't keep hanging on.. it was the biggest waste of my 6 yrs... (but i guess it would be fun if we actually got back together after 6 yrs of waiting ^^"'.. but i'll leave that to tv comedies) just hav to convince urself that he's not the one for u~ convince urself that u won't get anywhere despite all your good-heartedness..

edit: also helps if u hav a friend in a similar situation or could encourage u to let go? ^0^

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Komaticom said:
Not as long as 7 years!
Not exactly "obsessed", more "mildly liking" consistently but I never told her because I observed that she went through bfs like tissues from a carton (she had about 8 bfs from high school, don't know how many non-high-school bfs she had). Definitely a no-go zone. Oh well, I think I made no progress whatsoever since Year 7 (was a distant "nice guy" friend back then, still am a distanct "nice guy" friend now).

Man I suck.
I can top that: 8 yeeeeears of silly infatuation I had for this one guy.

haha, I'm now more or less 'over it' since I caught up with him recently and decided I didn't find him that attractive. I hadn't seen him for several years.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Bobness said:
Except bump sh*t threads.

Valentine's day :(
:) I miss the people who made the threads.
Just trying to get their attention, that's it

You're not alone, lots of sad valentinos here accompanying u on the chairs. (and threads, too)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I'm not sad. I'm not even emo. LOL but it's good for the dramatic effect and sympathy though amirite?

Since it warranted a reply and all from thee. Man i'm pulative.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
wait, arent you with someone?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
If he's straight and you're not ugly, he'd definitely get with you if you wanted to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)